Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

John made a passive wiring harness for my standard jazz. Ordered wednesday........delivered friday! Great service. So easy to fit with solderless connections, simple fitting diagram and little screwdriver provided with the kit. Thoroughly recommended.

John made a passive wiring harness for my Ibanez 1205 5 string. I love the bass and its my main gigging instrument when playing in a 7 piece funk band. I recently spent 3 hours trying a range of mid to high price range (£1500 - £3k+) basses and realised that passive single coils and simple passive circuitry was the sound I wanted. So I placed a post on BassChat re passive conversions and one name kept popping up;- KiOgon. Numerous emails later and through the post comes an immaculately prepared harness with top quality components with solder less connections- volume, blend, tone and a series/parallel switch. The soldering was perfect -such a neat professional job. Simple to follow instructions with complementary screwdriver!!

Result? One awesome sounding bass! Sounded great before but now so natural sounding. Can really hear the wood and the Big Single Nords really kick arse now!!! Total transformation at an amazing price!
Highly recommended!!!!

Edited by j0lly j

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1344353590' post='1763237']
One of John's excellent Jazz bass wiring loom bought. I never knew that decent pots (and soldering) could make such a difference to the sound of a bass. It sounds great!

Make sure your control plate is made for the larger CTS pots. Mine wasn't so I needed to get the old file out.

Gareth
[/quote]

Great stuff! This time I bought one in Precision flavour. Sounds excellent and fitted in 10 minutes.

Just received a kit and pickup from John and it's transformed my MM SUB, can't believe the difference this has made, thanks so much for a superb loom too.
The quality of John's kits is exemplary, very fast delivery too.

rock on John B)

Got a Jazz wiring kit off John, stacked CTS pots with variable tone and a parallel/series switch. It's great quality and really has given the bass a good umph that it lacked before. Dispatched Tuesday arrived and fitted Wednesday. Thanks a lot John for everything, including the history behind the different pots!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Top bloke - I sent John what can only be described as a bag of bits and within hours of it landing through his letterbox he sent me pics of a fully restored p-pickup along with a lovely new loom to replace the cheapo bits in my MIJ P-bass. It would have been back with me the next day exept I specced some different knobs which John had to order. I also ordered a Jazz wiring kit with the concentric CTS pots and an S1 switch (do try this with your passive jazz folks - I'm glad I did) and he was good enough to combine the postage and it all arrived safe and well packed via Royal Mail the next day.
Great product / components / service, and a seemingly inexhaustable supply of patience with my daft questions about pickups and wires! The kits arrived with idiot proof instructions and even the correct screwdrivers for installation. I fitted the jazz loom in less time than it takes to change strings, and didn't even have to do battle with a soldering iron!
B) :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by booboo

another happy kiogon wiring harness customer. i bought a p bass harness off john. a doddle to fit even for an electronics dunce like me.John was really helpful,offered loads of advice and sent a really well made harness really speedily. id happily buy one from him again. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

More wiring shenanigans, this time upgrading the electricals on my Shergold Marathon bass. A solder-free kit produced to the usual very high standard including instructions and even a screwdriver for the use of! That's what I call service. Super-fast delivery too, as usual! Thanks John! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is my 3rd visit to John. Another excellent piece of kit for an incoming Jazz bass. As ever superb attention to detail and advice, well packed and promptly delivered.

What's not to like; a top banana is Mr KiOgon.

I purchased a kit from John a few weeks ago for my bitsa P-Bass.

Amazing customer service from John and great tips too regarding other hardware.

The kits are idiot-proof and they even include a mini-screwdriver for the solderless connectors.
The tone of the stock electronics was ok'ish and to be honest, I did not think that the pick-up could be improved but boy was I wrong... the tone pot is very versatile and you can go from rock to dub and everything in between.

I have just put some flats on the P-Bass and rolling the tone half-way down gives me that Motown tone we all love, but you always have some extra juice if needed in both directions which is welcomed.
I have always been full-on or full-off with tone controls, never bothered but with this kit I seem to play a lot with the pot and can fine tune the bass with surgical precision.

Great product with top quality parts at an unbeatable price.

Thank you John!

Edited by Byo

• 2 weeks later...