Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

• 2 weeks later...

What can I say - John has been absolutely excellent & very very helpful, always providing me with help & advice for the wiring kit for my Fenix Jazz bass , including trying to fathom out a problem that didn't actually exist - apart from in my head ( I'd put the knobs on at a funny angle & had thought the up/down direction was somehow back to front) - who's the knob then?? :blush:

John must have little time for anything going by the speed of his communications!!

Cheerz John I'll have a wee drink to you later!!

ps/ edit - the card the kit arrived with was made from a Chivas Regal whisky box -- total class!!! :drinks:

Edited by Donnyboy

i contacted John with no real idea of what i wanted or what i was doing! he listened to what i said, suggested something better, and before i knew it my new wiring harness arrived in the post.

was easy to install and made a huge difference to my sound. my Jazz bass has been revitalised, as has my enthusiasm for playing!

thank you John!

• 5 weeks later...

Hard to write something that hasn't been said. Bought a precision bass wiring loom from John. Super fast, pleasant and easy transaction with hassle free fitting and a significant improvement on the tone of the instrument. I also got a free screwdriver which proved to be invaluable as it meant I could tighten the screws on my glasses and have full vision of what I was doing lol!

Deal with confidence :-)

• 2 weeks later...

at the risk of repeating what everyone else has said - John built and supplied a replacement wiring set for my Shuker Jazz replacing the vol/mix/tone setup with a vol/vol/tone and I am very happy with [a] the quality of the parts and workmanship, [b] the extremely fast delivery and [c] his patience dealing with my inane questions that he's probably been asked 1000's of times !!!

top man - great to deal with and i will be back for more parts when my other basses need some TLC

Edited by intime-nick

• 2 weeks later...

John did a fabulous loom for me for my Richie Kotzen Telecaster so that I could return it to factory spec wiring. The previous owner had made it standard 3-way, which is like dropping a 2.0 TDi into a Ferrari.

We sorted the spec on Sunday and received the loom on Tuesday. It's a lovely piece of kit, beautifully made and he's a top bloke because I know he likes a drop of Scotland's finest judging by what the mock baseplate was made of ;-)

I've now got two KiOgon looms but this is the first time I've dealt with him directly but it won't be the last.

Five stars.
10/10.

Edited by Sean

Yet more feedback of the gushingly enthusiastic variety for John, I'm afraid. I picked up one of the end of line Classic J Tanglewaters recently - a passive PJ configuration. Whilst it played brilliantly I wasn't that enamoured of the electrics - the blend was pretty crude and not very progressive, there was distinct centre either side of which the character of the prioritised pickup really predominated. Likewise the tone control seemed to be pretty on or off. I got a tone I liked but not a [i]variety[/i] of tones I really liked. Luckily Discreet pointed me in John's direction and a brief flurry of emails followed before I decided on his 'dog's bollocks' option of the 2 stacked volume/tone pots pre-wired onto a new bell plate. I'm a numpty when it comes to electrics so when I say even I managed to install it with the help of John's very clear instructions with absolutely no problem, you can presume it really is a piece of cake. And now the bass sings - the sound is more refined, organic and usable across the whole spectrum; there's even noticeably less hum. I've not really played and haven't owned a passive bass for nearly 20 years and I'm honestly asking myself why the hell not now - it feels like there's as much tonal variation available now as on a decent active circuit.

So, all in all, a positive experience you could say - great piece of kit from an absolute legend of a forum member. He is to passive bass electrics what John East is to actives, I'd suggest. Thanks, John.

Edited by Bass Culture

• 2 weeks later...

Just taken delivery of one of John's Jazz bass wiring looms. Childishly simple installation (even for an electrical noob like myself!) - further facilitated by the inclusion of the complementary screwdriver!! Excellent, helpful communications and my bass sounds great too!

What's not to like? Cheers John :)

Yet another happy customer :) John gave great advice regarding my cavity space predicament and delivered a fantasticly made harness that even a simpleton like myself was able to fit in ten minutes. Jazz sounds as she should now, incredible service! Thanks again John :)

Ordered P Bass wiring loom Sunday night and arrived first thing Tuesday. Easy to fit with a logical no solder connection but more importantly the tone has improved and I have now have more growl. Not only that but the tone control has gone from providing a muffled bass to a shrill treble to being able to dial in a usable tone from both ends of the knob. A great improvement and a pleasure to deal with. Thanks John