Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

• 1 month later...

Excellent all round, we all know how good Johns kits are now.
He supplied me with a warman mm pickup along with the wiring loom for a fake stingray and it is brilliant, going to test it against my actual stingray this weekend.
For anyone who's not sure or worried about not being able to connect the wiring up, don't be.
John really does make it so simple.

Even the packaging the kit came in was brilliant! (It's the little things)

A Series / Parallel wiring kit for my Squier PJ.....a pm from me out of the blue and the wheels were in motion.....Quite literally it was made and in the post. Top quality components and soldering and clear instructions.

More than happy :)

Will definitely use again

Thank you.....6

• 4 weeks later...

Pm'd KiOgon about ordering one of his Fabulous Loom's for my Bitsa Jazz , to solve some serious single coil Hiss
(Standard Jazz layout ) He shipped it that day .. and it was with me the next .

The quality of the materials used for the price paid puts the Existing loom from a Vintage modified J to SHAME .... Deal with confidence . I've been a bit lackluster in fitting * it due to having to wait for a bunch of shielding copper tape to arrive *
amazon took far longer to ship than KiOgon.*

The quality of his products , customer service and all round super bass-chatter to deal with a credit to this community.

Lyle / Sythaside.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

P bass kit with added bits and pieces just purchased from John. I'm a serial offender so I can only repeat what I have said before. In this case John has clearly gone to a lot of effort to get the kit to me before Christmas which is much appreciated.

There is a reason John gets so much good feedback. He's easy to deal with; replies promptly to questions; is massively patient with idiots like me; delivers everything promptly, well packaged and charges resonable prices.

Not just a top banana, but the top banana on his own personal tree.

Met John today, which was a great pleasure, and he personally fitted spiffy new pots and electrics to my P Bass - and did a top job. Which is what we've come to expect, of course... I also got to see his Aladdin-like man cave and even have a go on his exalted Ashdown Little Bastard (serial number: 0001) which is truly amazing. John is a top BassChatter and a pillar of the BassChat community. What else is there to say? Deal with him with absolute confidence. :)

Thanks very much John, great to finally meet you and Kaz. Hope to see you again soon. Happy New Year. :)

Edited by discreet

Contacted John a few days ago to ask about a new solderless wiring loom/bell plate for my squier VM Jazz.

A couple of days later the new loom had arrived. What can I say that hasn't been said before? It really is a fantastic bit of kit. Less than an hour after picking it up the new loom along with some new pickups had been successfully installed and the bass is sounding fantastic even though I have no skills or previous experience in doing anything like that before. The solderless loom really is that simple & is also a noticeable improvement on the stock pots that came with the bass.

John is a pleasure to deal with and could not have been more helpful. I would recommend his services to anyone.

Edited by Cato

John was recommended to me by other bass chatters when I posted a thread about electronics issue in my Musicmaster bass. I have PM'd John, got quite quick reply and new set of electronics was sent to me the next day, 1st class signed for. I am a total noob when it comes to any electronically things, I don't know anything, and John made this so easy that it took me just a few mins to swap the original electronics for a complete set of new ones.

Another reason to always seek help here on this forum, many thanks to people who recommended John, and to John himself!

Another visit to John's man-cave, this time to pick up my Hayman bass, which had developed terminal I-know-not-what. John did know-what of course and did a sterling job getting it back to its former sonic glory which is great, as I was missing it quite a bit. Thanks John!

I can only add to these pages of superlative feedback - you can deal with John with absolute confidence, he's a gent. :)

Edited by discreet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello John

Passive kit to replace the active board on my Status Energy fitted at the weekend
The pots on the original board had narrower threaded sections than the CTS ones,
so I had to widen the holes very slightly to 10mm
And the original pots had much smaller bodies, so the body rout was very tight near the tone pot
A few minutes work with a pen knife sorted that

Output obviously much quieter than original
But Trace Elliot have a knob that can fix that ;-)
Sounds 'smoother' for want of a better word
(And I have another Status with the same active board for A-B comparison)

Thanks for the quick service and obviously high quality components and soldering

Love Harry xxx