Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

Spoke to John about  a  V V T T + 3 way switch on  a Sunday afternoon.  By Monday it was built  AND posted .  Received Tuesday, next day.  !!!!

Opened the box and discovered one of the neatest circuits of any bass i've ever owned.  Components were all top names in the pot, jack and switch business.   It was also completely solderless.  Instructions in the box,  but had some questions for John because i'm thicker than a whale omelette.

He was patient and i got answers imediately.   Got it all wired up and it  took off into orbit first attempt, which is a first for me and my wiring

John is a gent and a scholar.  There wasnt much more than the price of a couple of beers in it, after parts paid for , so this was a labour of love.

Take a bow sir  :)

Edited by fleabag
  • Thanks 1

Made an inquiry about a passive Volume/Tone/Tone circuit (as per the Warwick Adam Clayton signature bass) the day before yesterday, paid for it yesterday and received it today. Not only brilliant service but brilliant quality workmanship and parts used (as always from John). 

Thanks again. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So yesterday I bought a stacked knob loom and plate for my pride and joy and tonight it’s in place, looking and sounding gorgeous...

In between times, John was brilliant. Really quick and clear communication, parcel tracking, friendly. The loom and plate came well-packaged and the instructions were concise and clear.  I’m by no means the most practical person but it was a breeze to install. Heartily recommended.

Thanks John 👍

• Thanks 1

Simply outstanding as ever.

Quality product, lovely helpful bloke, great service.

Thanks John, not only has this loom sorted the problem but it has definitely made the bass sound better as the components are so much better than stock.

Until the next time.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered a replacement loom for my Mexican FSR P bass.

Really speedy and helpful communications and a quick delivery. All looks very neat; a top quality hand-wired product. Having seen the comments and John’s feedback on here for years I was not disappointed. 
Dead easy to fit and the bass sounds great. I can’t put my finger on why it does, but it just sounds ‘bigger’! It certainly has more top end bite with the tone control up, and nice smooth controls.

Thanks John

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Bought one of Johns excellent P Bass looms with an 'Old School' Cap and now my AVRI sounds even more like a '62 than before.

Superb quality and incredibly easy to fit - even for a fossilised old fart like me, plus speedy delivery.

Thanks John 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a second Jazz Bass volume/blend/tone loom plus control plate/knobs from John.

As previously, a very smooth transaction and the quality of the workmanship is as high as ever.

As other posters have noted, the quality of the pots and capacitors in these looms definitely gives an improvement in sound quality.  The blend control with 100% from both pick-ups at the zero detent, improves the real life control of the Jazz for me. Always a bit of a hassle I find, scrabbling around for the right neck or bridge level when a volume change is required on a busy number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to the invaluable assistance of KiOgon (John), my Tao J bass now has an excellent set of Bourns mini pots c/w  VVT with S/P on the tone pot (no batttery) with Standard Jack. The original owner had seriously cut/shortened the wires on the SD Hot Stack (STK-J2) pickups, so John also created a link-loom to facilitate easier, solderless connection/s. Highly recommended - John's messages/photos/diagrams were very clear, helpful and explanatory, and the unit(s) arrived really quickly.

• Thanks 1

Got my first loom (passive VVT) from John this morning, and his reputation is certainly deserved!

Excellent service and an excellent product. Installed into my Sire P7 with ease and worked as expected!

He's the go-to guy for wiring looms and I'll be using him again for sure!

• Thanks 1