Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

• 3 weeks later...

Can't thank John enough for the quality of his kit and his patients!

Had some problems that had me beat and John got me through it.

Obviously there was no problems with what he did for me, I was sent a dodgy pickup from somewhere else but he helped me work it out and all sorted now.

Cheers John!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2019 at 20:33, GreeneKing said:

Another Loom from John successfully fitted and bass changed from V/T/Switch to VVT. Great loom, arrived sooner than expected and a real bargain. Bourns pots, 250k and I think a 047 cap.

Works very well and short scale is a good scale.

20191123_195915.jpg

I'm thinking about one of these in the new year what does the upgrade bring to the bass?

18 hours ago, RossHetherington said:

I'm thinking about one of these in the new year what does the upgrade bring to the bass?

it's a slightly subjective change in tone, better quality components and the obvious new ability to blend rather than simply switch pickups, giving a greater tonal palette. The pickups are the major influence on tone and they remain. Also the switchcraft jack feels far more secure. I hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had basses with John's looms before.

The tone pot went on a Precision Player Series I've just bought.

Sod it thought I, I'm going to try to do one.

Ordered Wed am, arrived 12.30 today (Thurs) His patience with me was superb. 

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! His loom has turned a decent sounding bass into a superb sounding one. Because all the basses I've had with Ki0gon looms in, were modded by previous owners, I just didn't get just what a difference they make.

Cheers John, I will be back!!

Muttley__s_Medal_by_altergromit_zps3a3414ab.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another member of the KiOgon loom fanclub. I can vouch for John's helpfulness and (in my case) patience.

I've converted my MIM PJ Mustang from on/off PJ selector switch to a VVT control, via a dual volume control... and got improved tone as well.

Basic sound (with flat eq) is clearer, louder... and my amp is quieter. Pic attached. I will probably get a new scratchplate (maybe white pearloid) at some point.

IMG_0917.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got back from John's (I now live two towns over instead of just 'round the corner!) and he's got my three-pickup bass back up and running. The knobs move smoothly, the switch has a satisfying 'clunk' to it, and it might be my imagination, but there always seems to be something bigger and smoother to the tone once he's worked his magic on a bass.

Thanks again, John!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a new llom from John following an ammount of email consultation about options.  As always John's advice proved excellent and the new loom arrived in 24hrs and has had the exact desired effect.

Thanks John, top banana!

p.s. I must be due a frequent flyer bonus by now :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just installed a new loom from John into my modded Squier PJ bass.  It's had a few mods since it was bought as my "scrap" bass a couple of years back - new bridge, new pickups (SD's), fret dress etc, strings and new scratchplate. And it now sounds better than ever.

Very good to deal with John, straightforward and helpful and quick communication, all done and dusted within a couple of days.   The loom was very tidy and the "no solder" element is very neat.    Fitted it yesterday and have been playing bass for around 6 hours since then.

Now I know that a different loom can't make a difference to the sound ....... of course it can't, so the difference in sound must be the cleaning of the fretboard whilst the strings were off, or the "rested" strings, or the tightening of the scratchplate screws or ??????? 

But I can't convince myself that it doesn't sound better with the new loom.   So "thanks John".   Top Banana indeed!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

John to the rescue yet again!  As I swapped out my pickup for one provided by another BC member, I managed to mangle my volume AND tone pot, spoke with John, new loom through the letter box in 24 hours, how DOES he do it????

Deal with extreme confidence, John is da maaan!!

• Thanks 1