Why become a member? ×

Feedback for KiOgon

loudandclear

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1474628187' post='3139353']
Replaced my Roadworn P wiring with a kit from John, beautiful work once again, Sprague pacer 0.1uf cap, lushness!
[/quote]

Had the man himself replace my Road Worn P innards, I also have a Sprague Pacer 0.1uf cap and it is indeed lush!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had my JD short scale P set up & new loom fitted by John after seeing the feedback on here. It's now way better. Excellent, friendly & patient service & very reasonable price. Oh & a bag of homegrown chillies thrown in too!!! Top bloke to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

John built a custom loom for my 5 string jazz. He helped me every step of the way about options and how it would work up to instalation and help afterwards. His work is fantastic and he is very willing to help get you the right setup. Thanks again. My bass sounds great now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a wiring harness (complete with new chrome knobs) from John to upgrade my Squier VM Precision V after it became apparent that the jack was more than a little dodgy.

Ordered Sunday evening, arrived Tuesday morning, fitted Tuesday evening. Came complete with instructions and even a tiny screwdriver. An absolute doddle to fit and the bass now sounds even better. Powerful tone with a far wider range of tones from full-off to full-on.

Very highly recommended. Many thanks again John 😀

Edited by Deedee

First of two - recently bought a P-bass and a J-bass loom from John. Both arrived super quick but the P-bass one is still in the box because it's going into a Westfield and a little woodwork is required to get these nice chunky, quality pots to fit in the where the old cheap, nasty ones were (well, still are...), so that'll be my second review at some point.

Anyway... the J-bass loom - I bought the one with the series/parallel mod pull-pot on the tone switch. Wiring in was easy even for a complete electrical numpty like me - followed the instructions (now there's a thing...) and had everything nicely installed in about 10 minutes flat (even that's probably a bit slow...).

Plugged in, turned up and - bloddy hell it sounds good in my Squier CV Jazz. All the normal Jazz sounds but clearer and deeper, then with the pot pulled (oe-er)... I guess all i can say is you have to try it, not like anything I've had before - bassier, still got good top end and so smooth.

Next up is a passive loom for my newly acquired Sandberg TM4 - ideas being discussed but no hesitation at all about going to John for this - absolutely confident that what ever he comes up with is going to do the job.

Dealing with John is a pleasure as he's willing to chat about ideas and, more importantly knows what he's talking about and what he's doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought a KiOgon loom and it couldn't have gone easier. The work is top-notch - every joint perfect, plus lovely touches like the siting of the cap, and soldering one of the grounds to the side of the volume pot. I could NEVER do it this neatly. Cheerz John!

Edited by KK Jale

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a Volume-Blend-Tone for my new Jazz bass (NBD to follow :D). A bit of a change from a typical Jazz setup but exactly what I was looking for - the blend is 100% at both ends and 100%/100% in the centre position so no loss output. High speed delivery, quality components and clear instructions as usual from John. Can't recommend these looms highly enough - both my Fenders and the Squier have a KiOgon loom now and I'm definitely a happy customer :D

Just bought a P bass wiring loom off John (my second from him). Fantastic quality as before, the best - posted out the same day, packaged beautifully with clear instructions and even a lil screwdriver to tighten the solderless connections. Magnifico!
Cheers John 👍