Why become a member? ×

Earphone guitar amp/ effect

Mr Fudge

Hi folks!

As I imagine like many bass players here I started life off as a g*itarist. During these long winter I can't help get a bit self indulgent and attempt to play some of the guitar I loved in my youth (Youtube is great). Im especially into old Rush, Kim Mitchell, Van Halen and bits and pieces from late 70's again.

In a nutshell Im looking for an amp/ effect I can put some headphones into and flail away like some 80's nerd throw back without upsetting the wife and kids too much.

Ive looked on the bay and there is loads of stuff. Im after something small with a good range of effects and mains powered. It would be purely for use at home.

I know zoom pioneered a lot of this stuff when I was a serious gu*tar player, but that has been decades ago and I dont know what is out there.

Any suggestions,

Ta in advance.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='henry norton' post='651874' date='Nov 11 2009, 06:58 PM']I use a Behringer Bass V-amp, which is good for bass [i]and[/i] guitar. Most other forum users hate Behringer but I've found it pretty good for messing around with amp models, speaker sims and effects. Cheap too....[/quote]

I sold my POD XT after getting a Bass V-amp. I found it a lot more useful for home practising as it has a line in with a volume control.
Cant say i preferred one over the other tone wise, both were good although the V-amp was a bit nosier.

I have a Korg PX4D now but dont use it much. Very good for taking to gigs to work songs out etc back stage.