Why become a member? ×

Jonas Hellborg Signature bass SOLD

wombatboter

I bought this a year ago but I haven't been using it a lot so this one is for sale again.
It is a Sound Of Sweden bass designed by Jonas Hellborg (bassplayer for Mahavishnu amongst others) and this model he used for a while during his career.
There is not much to be found on the internet about these basses.
A lot of different sounds are available through different switches from P-bass to dark mids. It is a versatile bass and easy to play.
27(!) fret fingerboard.
Shadow humbucking pick ups with
3-position switches for selecting humbucking - single coil - out of phase.
I'm asking 350 euros (I can include a gigbag), bass can be picked up (I live near Brussels) or can be send.

for an idea of the sound, if you check Jonas Hellborg bass solo on youtube, there are plenty of things to be found with this type of bass.
If you want more pictures just send me an email
Thanks,
Geert

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='648233' date='Nov 7 2009, 05:27 PM']Very interesting; Looks like a cross between a Spector and a Wal.[/quote]
+1

Hellborg used a Wal for many years IIRC so maybe that influenced his design ideas..

Must say I'm suprised to see this back up for sale; looks like a very interesting bass. Good luck with it!

[quote name='wombatboter' post='648213' date='Nov 7 2009, 05:00 PM']for an idea of the sound, if you check Jonas Hellborg bass solo on youtube, there are plenty of things to be found with this type of bass.[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh_Z1kt5iR4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh_Z1kt5iR4[/url]

[quote name='wombatboter' post='653834' date='Nov 13 2009, 05:17 PM']Now I know how much I weigh too :-)
Bass weighs 4,5 kg..[/quote]

Ah the 'trusty' ( :) ) bathroom scales! Past experiences with folks using that method leaves me cold unfortunately. :lol:

[quote name='Rich' post='653860' date='Nov 13 2009, 05:45 PM']Oh for god's sake, will somebody please buy it and stop me lusting after this bass that I [s]can't afford and[/s] don't need but really really want...[/quote]

+1 :rolleyes:

Edited by warwickhunt