Why become a member? ×

GUILD B-301

Adee

Guild B-301 Bass - Serial number dates it 1977

Bought from this fair site (off Monz for less than the asking price but it has had a full re-fret and also Gator Hard Case)
Was origionally a de-fretted fretless, but has now had complete re-fret. Now Fitted with straplocks too !

In very good condition for its age, has marks and surface scratches you would expect for a a bass this old but nothing major. Single pick-up giving a classic mid growl, it sounds superb.

Will be supplied / collected / shipped in a Gator hard case.
Any trial welcome in Corby, Northants . . . . Cheers Ade

Looking in the region of £525 could do a trade up to the value of the Guild
possibly looking for a SUB, Jazz

Edited by Adee

Yes this has ben on Ebay for a while but price is was a 'little' too high . . Can but try I guess

Its a very nice example, not been bashed around and obviously not that many around

It would make a great partner to a fretless natural mahogany version, but then I would say that !
(Though I wouldnt be fibbing either :) )

If you fancy some sort of trade let me know !

Cheers
Ade

[quote name='joegarcia' post='648041' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:30 PM']I'd really love this, been after one for years. Thinking of parting with my Jazz but I think I'd regret it and it's probably worth about the same as the 301 so not what you're after...

Might be able to get the cash together but not for a few weeks.[/quote]

Have a ponder about the Jazz, I could be possibly be persuaded
if not, no worries, might still be here, keep in touch

Cheers Ade

It's a 1986 Japanese 70's reissue. Natural with maple board, blocks and binding. Real stunner, fantastic player with Wizard Hammers (and original pickups too). Just find myself not really a Jazz guy, going back to my P and similar old brutes like the 301.

I really love it, I'm just not sure the sound fits in with any of my projects.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='648120' date='Nov 7 2009, 02:54 PM']It's a 1986 Japanese 70's reissue. Natural with maple board, blocks and binding. Real stunner, fantastic player with Wizard Hammers (and original pickups too). Just find myself not really a Jazz guy, going back to my P and similar old brutes like the 301.

I really love it, I'm just not sure the sound fits in with any of my projects.[/quote]

Have a ponder and let me know !

[quote name='joegarcia' post='649760' date='Nov 9 2009, 03:41 PM']Will be in touch soon Ade, still can't decide...[/quote]

No worries, take your time . . . BUT it would make a wonderful addition to your collection !

1977 Guild B-301
1979 Ovation Magnum IV
1979 Musicman Sabre
70's Gordon Smith 'Rickenblacker'
70's Japanese Joodee Performer P copy
80's Kramer XL8

Mmmmmm ! :)

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='647610' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:20 PM']Damn, I really want this, I have a fretless natural mahogany version.[/quote]
I get all nostalgic when I see these basses. When my first (proper) bass (p-bass) was nicked in 1980 or thereabouts I spent AGES in shops figuring out what I wanted to spend the insurance money on. The two main contenders were a particular Guild B-302 and some kind of precision. The precision won out in the end (still have that), but I spent so much time on the Guild it's almost like I owned one.

Given my current taste in basses (fretless and five-stringed) the one that's for sale isn't for me ... but I'd still like to hear/play a fretless one. Maybe at a bass bash somewhere ?

Anyway ... after that irrelevant ramble ... have a bump on me.

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='654386' date='Nov 14 2009, 12:00 PM']I get all nostalgic when I see these basses. When my first (proper) bass (p-bass) was nicked in 1980 or thereabouts I spent AGES in shops figuring out what I wanted to spend the insurance money on. The two main contenders were a particular Guild B-302 and some kind of precision. The precision won out in the end (still have that), but I spent so much time on the Guild it's almost like I owned one.

Given my current taste in basses (fretless and five-stringed) the one that's for sale isn't for me ... but I'd still like to hear/play a fretless one. Maybe at a bass bash somewhere ?

Anyway ... after that irrelevant ramble ... have a bump on me.

Andy[/quote]

Tiz a classic and a very usable one too.
Looks bloody brilliant on stage, something a bit different

No one after a classic !?