Why become a member? ×

Status 4000

stingrayfan

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='647076' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:20 AM']Ooh, that's an early one!. Very good condition as well by the looks of it. Nice score :) Try calling Dawn at Status. She has complete lists of the serial numbers/ages of the basses they've made. 01206 868150

Rich.[/quote]
Thanks - just have. 1990. :rolleyes:

NICE!!!

I had one of these in metallic electric blue with black hardware (serial number 215, or summink like that). Bought it new from the Soho Sound House back in about 1990, I think. Couldn't afford a full-blown Series II at the time. :)

Lovely basses. A tad heavy compared with the Series II but all the right Status tones were in there. All for just under 900 quid...and with a proper hard case to boot!

Good purchase sir! May you be very happy together! :rolleyes:

Nice to see my old faithfull has found a new home,it was strung with stainless elites when I traded it with giblet some time ago,also used status hot wires but didn't really notice any difference between the two brands,best thing I remember about this was it never needed re-tuning,I did check it once a year though ,just in case.Enjoy it, a headless status is something that everyone should own at least once, mike b.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='647133' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:16 PM']In anticipation of this arriving, I found myself drawn to listen to old Level 42 tracks. :)

But now it's here, I don't feel the need to be a slapper; it's got a great fingerstyle tone.[/quote]

Yup, I always feel guilty because I own a Status but can't slap for toffee, having said that, slap impresses me for about 2 minutes then I get bored with it. Agree the fingerstyle tone is great tho on these 2 band Statii.