Why become a member? ×

What's the point?

bassboy115

I loaded up basschat in my lunch break the other day and my guitarist in my band turned around and said ' OMG basschat your always on that whats the point in it...Its well stupid you go online and talk about bass...sad... i wouldnt waste my time talking about guitar' .....My reply was that's why your a guitarist!

Just thought id share my experience with you and see if any of you lot have had similar experiences?

Alex

Edited by bassboy115

[quote name='Davemarks' post='70281' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:46 PM']It's an online community...[/quote]

2nd that. There's so many ways that we're helping each other by taking part in these forums. Mabye your guitarist would realise how important a knowledgeable (sp??) bass player is if he took the time to check out this website or it's guitar counterparts.

[quote name='Rich' post='70282' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:48 PM']Alex, your guitarist is an utter twat.[/quote]

Welllllll.....Those that post dont,those that dont post do!

(I agree though,where else can I ask a question about string guages,or bridge parts,or where to obtain and purchase score 24/7....all year round?...Guitarplayers are notorius ignorant knobheads)

[quote name='Rich' post='70282' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:48 PM']Alex, your guitarist is an utter twat.[/quote]

LMAO........ :)

A real guitarist (like mine, boy am I lucky) can't wait for me to take my new toys 'round to his place so he can have a play himself.....

Then he gives 'em back and says something like, "come then, gimme what you got!"

Dont you just love it!

:huh: smug!

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='70283' date='Oct 6 2007, 12:51 PM']I am your imaginary worst nightmare :)[/quote]

Oh don't I know it!

Just as I post some witty remark to a non-imaginary/imaginary friend's dilemma (cos that's what we do best), I begin to imagine the emoticons that will duly follow from Mrs T :huh:

I'm quite jealous of your guitarist, Alex.

It must be great being stuck in a rut, secure in the knowledge that all your gear is in fact the best tool for the job, and there are no other options or ways of doing things. Or perhaps he's happy to rely on one persons opinion in a magazine, even though advertising pressures often taint the reviews?

[quote name='fusionbassist1' post='70315' date='Oct 6 2007, 02:56 PM']2nd that. There's so many ways that we're helping each other by taking part in these forums. Mabye your guitarist would realise how important a knowledgeable (sp??) bass player is if he took the time to check out this website or it's guitar counterparts.[/quote]

Quite agree. Unless of course it's me thats taking part, but then, again if I didn't, this poor little fella would be redundant wouldn't he? > :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='70331' date='Oct 6 2007, 03:29 PM']Just as I post some witty remark to a non-imaginary/imaginary friend's dilemma (cos that's what we do best), I begin to imagine the emoticons that will duly follow from Mrs T :huh:[/quote]

So that's all I am to you? Some random collection of emoticons??

I am getting on my imaginary trusty steed and gallopping off into cyberspace

I may be gone some time ......

[quote name='Musky' post='70334' date='Oct 6 2007, 03:31 PM']I'm quite jealous of your guitarist, Alex.

It must be great being stuck in a rut, secure in the knowledge that all your gear is in fact the best tool for the job, and there are no other options or ways of doing things. Or perhaps he's happy to rely on one persons opinion in a magazine, even though advertising pressures often taint the reviews?[/quote]

Nah he hasnt, he sticks to the gear he's got as it does the job for him...i just told him that we all talk about gear and technique etc etc..........

Tbh i dont think he fully knows what it is?! :)

All funny replies tho!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='70254' date='Oct 6 2007, 11:34 AM']Sorry but you lot aren't real people. My missus claims you're my imaginary friends![/quote]
Damn, that must be why that last bass I bought here turned out to be an "air bass"...........

[quote name='NickThomas' post='70419' date='Oct 6 2007, 08:19 PM']Bass forums develop the forgotten art of GAS :)[/quote]
That is true. I probably wouldn't have upgraded from my Ashdown MAG stack to my new rig of Little Mark II & Schroeder 1212L if it wasn't for lots of info right here that people have shared. After doing my own research I decided this was probably the best solution for me, but I probably wouldn't have even known about this gear if it wasn't for Bass Chat.