Why become a member? ×

whats are you GASsing for at the moment

nash

[quote name='OldGit' post='5667' date='May 24 2007, 12:46 PM']I've got some ashtrays if you want them. A couple that were in the case when I got my original 62 way back in the dark ages .. the are probably the orginals BUT the screw holes are bigger than they should be. No idea why ..
and a I have another set here somewhere that are 80's repro. Ie not fender ..

PM me if you want some pics[/quote]

I've an early 70's Jazz bridge ashtray and the holes seem very big to me also. Perhaps that's how they made 'em?
Chris
PS for the first time in a long time - and since delivery of the FB4 - I'm certified gas free. A jazz, a precision, a Flea, and an ongoing project bass (at present a '76 Shergold Marathon) is all a guy really needs :)
And an overdraft.....

"Save yourself the cash....go straight for the Thumb Bolt On laugh.gif

The Corvette's good but it's a bit like Wilma and Betty, you'd go with Betty but you'd be thinking of Wilma.....(Which 90/80's TV sitcom did that quote come from)"?

Red Dwarf of course.

Hmmm strangely enough Ken Smiths are starting to appeal to me alot lately, as are MTD's, but otherwise I'm Gas-less for a good while.

Edited by Josh

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='subaudio' post='5610' date='May 24 2007, 11:08 AM']I want a big gig rig, not sure what yet, and I want Lakland to make a 5 string P bass.[/quote]

According to Dan Lakin, they are developing a USA Bob Glaub 5-string available for late '07 and if it proves to be a success they will aim to bring out a Skyline version in '08.

So unless you are supernaturally patient or have found the cure for GAS you will have to talk to that nice man, John Shuker.

Oh yes, and a 5-string Bob Glaub is what I'm gassing for too. Though I might have to take the plunge on one of the many great Ps currently in our own for sale section. :)

I'm in that irritating situation where there is something I want to buy but have to wait for what I'm selling on t'bay to go before I know if I can buy it. Poor old me, yes indeed! :huh:

[quote name='Machines' post='20210' date='Jun 19 2007, 02:40 PM']There's an Ibanez Musician on eBay at moment, can't link as it's blocked i'm afraid.[/quote]
yeah i'm watching it at the mo I emailed the seller asking what the reserve is but no reply as of yet
cheers for the heads up anyways :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='19023' date='Jun 17 2007, 02:20 AM']If I don't get a Sadowsky soon I will ACTUALLY tear all my hair out and prance around the room like a bald fairy.[/quote]

I know the feeling, I have an NYC 4 at the moment, I'm really GASin for a Sadowsky Fretless 4 to go with it.

I would also like a Sadowsky with MM pick up, I emailed them as I have seen some prototype ones in the past but they won't make em any more :)