Why become a member? ×

whats are you GASsing for at the moment

nash

A cheap fretless 4 and a DHA purist.

Really want to start buying things for making some cabs too. Only two weeks left of uni though so I can see my bank having a big pint glass shape dent in it before long after all the celebrations hehe. Then a trip around Europe, australia (hopefully) and a week by the sea in Dorset. Can't see me shortening the gas list any time soon!

Edit:
[quote]ricky[/quote] ooo I fancy a rickenfaker too!

Edited by nedsbeds

[quote name='subaudio' post='5610' date='May 24 2007, 11:08 AM']I want a big gig rig, not sure what yet, and I want Lakland to make a 5 string P bass.[/quote]

Why Lakland? just interested
[url="http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/pclas.htm"]http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/pclas.htm[/url]

A '60s/'70s EB-3 copy (long scale, mahogany bodied, wood finish, I don't know if such a bass exists)

A paint job on my Precision Special - and ashtrays

I'd like to try a Warwick (never played one) as I like a chunky neck that's thin at the nut.

~Paul~

Edited by paul, the

[quote name='paul, the' post='5645' date='May 24 2007, 12:17 PM']A '60s/'70s EB-3 copy (long scale, mahogany bodied, wood finish, I don't know if such a bass exists)
A paint job on my Precision Special - and ashtrays
I'd like to try a Warwick (never played one) as I like a chunky neck that's thin at the nut.
~Paul~[/quote]

I've got some ashtrays if you want them. A couple that were in the case when I got my original 62 way back in the dark ages .. the are probably the orginals BUT the screw holes are bigger than they should be. No idea why ..
and a I have another set here somewhere that are 80's repro. Ie not fender ..

PM me if you want some pics

This is a good thread... :)

I'm currently in a debate over what i'm GAS'ing for...

The next bass i get will be my main instrument and be geared up for jazz/r'n'b/funk gigs, where slap won't be needed...so i was thinking of another F Bass with a narrower spacing, but, i'm now thinking (after falling more in love with my fretless one) a Marleaux M Bass 5 string (tuned E A D G C), with a ramp, 16mm spacing and 33/34" scale length with some wicked woods!!! Marleaux make serious serious basses guys, the tone and feel of mine is absolutely outstanding, i much prefer it to my F Bass at the moment. The electronics kick big bottoms too, it's passive tone is so sweet!!!

So yeah, a Marleaux M Bass, thated do me, a European version of the Fodera beasts :huh:

J

Guest subaudio

[quote name='OldGit' post='5628' date='May 24 2007, 11:35 AM']Why Lakland? just interested
[url="http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/pclas.htm"]http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/pclas.htm[/url][/quote]

Wow that's nice !, looking at the Shuker site I see Jeremy Meek is an endorsee, i met him a few times while he was playing around Sheffield, a top bloke and a fantastic bassist ! of course our very own Dood is also featured :)

As per Lakland I have a JOBO 5 and love it, great build quality and feel, and awesome sound, diverse too, I have owned a few Fender Jazz V's and although they are good they didnt speak to me in the same way, I never really considerd custom builders to be honest, it dosent look cheap though.

:) Where do you start? Start small - get bigger!
1. Some decent pickups for my Status-Jazz Basstard (maybe a black perloid scratch plate as well)
2. Dargie Delight Sterling HS
3. Thru neck Warwick Thumb4 - possibly custom shop
4. A Shuker JJB Precision - starting to really like the look of that

Oh and some lightweight Mark Bass gear to send it all thru.

I've admitted to myself that I've got a serious GAS problem, so I've erased my entire GAS list before I do my bank balance any more damage. I do need a lightweight 1x10 cab for more practical reasons though, so I'll get that and sit on my gear for a while. I'm thinking Epifani UL-110 or EBS Neo 1x10. Should be getting one today after a trip to the Bass Gallery.