Why become a member? ×

Carvin BRX10.4

SisterAbdullahX

Carvin has been making great quality everything at knockout prices for the American market for years, however, having only a handful (3) dealers in the UK who would only have a limited stock meant that there were few takers for their gear. You can now (don't know how long they've been doing it) buy direct from them via the CarvinWorld website, and they will ship direct to the UK. Obviously, there is still the problem that you can't try before you buy. I have always quite liked the look of their BRX10.4 4x10 neo cab, 1200 watts, 4ohms, 26Hz to 24kHz, 104dB@1Watt. 34.5kgs, nice DuraTex finish (like the Berg AE cabs), and blow me, I've just priced one up. Including shipping and taxes they are £520!! And the BX500, 500 watts at 4 or 2 ohms, Class D SMPS, 4 band eq with para mids, 9 band graphic, compressor, 5lbs; £358! Some of their basses look great as well!

Anyone tried the BRX10.4 neo? I can't think of another cab with those specs for that price. I imagine a pair of these with a Shuttle Max 12.0 sitting on top would be a serious rig. Or is it a case of the specs not telling the full story?

Edited by SisterAbdullahX

I got a Carvin BX500 direct a couple of months ago. Came in at £340 all in. Took less than a week to be delivered. 1st one was faulty but they sent a new one and its fine. Great eq and very punchy. Small and light. Bit of a bargain really.