Why become a member? ×

Tecamp

JimGavin

[quote name='RussFM' post='638840' date='Oct 28 2009, 10:11 AM']Looks like two of them have - they were out of stock earlier, now there's two.[/quote]

I highlighted the different M and S cab lines to them when I was asking for a refund. Looks like they've changed the info on the site as well now. In all honesty, if I didn't have to put a rack on top of it then the S212 would have been more than adequate and amazing @ £350.

If only this advert happened a cuppla months ago!! lol ... wow - just, wow. I think this really is bargain of the century - that 6x10 ... it's almost unbearable to see it for sale at that price.. Tech/Tec really are very good!

Well...after all that...Im a bit 'hmm' about the combos as they arent 4 ohms and you cant take the amp head out. If you could...I would have ordered on NOW!

However, after not being sure on the S212 because of the new rear port 'problems' (if they are actually problems that is), I have actually reserved an M212 instead that they just got in. Now thats probably more sense for me....a £349 cab thats meant to be £900+, at 4ohms. The LM3 will be a joy through that.

Now I cant decided....I think if the combo was 4 ohms Id go for it....but ill never get the extension cab....:)

With the Mark Bass head, that should be a killer light weight rig, as mentioned above. I'm very impressed with my M212,

[quote name='Musicman20' post='639012' date='Oct 28 2009, 12:52 PM']Update - gone with the one M212 that was left. Asked KJung (?) on Tbass about the 3 options I had, and he said the M212 all the way. :)

Apparently the M212 wasnt properly put on the site...but they do have it...well not now :rolleyes:

£349...even If I dont use it much and sell it on...its SO cheap![/quote]

thanks for posting this, what a bargain event!! :)

after much indecisiveness i bought a 2x12 last night! bit worried now though about it being the S212 and not the M212 and people saying bad things about them & about the S212 being enough as a stand alone. being smaller size wise will help though as space is an issue in my car!

do people think this will work well enough as a stand alone cab to get decent volume or does it need another cab? is mainly for stage monitoring or smaller gigs without PA support (up to 150 people). i play a rickenbacker 4003, want a fair range of sound- a decent amount of highs & lows. in a rock 3 piece vs a drummer & guitarist with fender hot rod deluxe. i do need a fair bit of volume as i'm often up front singing, but as i say mainly just loud enough to hear onstage.

am not actually sure on what head to use yet as this was a rushed decision to go with tecamp! my options would have been Mark Bass II/III, Orange Bass Terror or Genz 6.0 or 9.0, but now i'm considering getting a puma 350 head to go with it given the low price. any comparison recommendations? i guess the matching head would be nice if there's not a huge amount sound difference and its way cheaper.

if people think this isn't enough power/volume alone i'd consider getting the tecamp 1x12 combo to go with it - with this be a natural pairing for the cab?

any advice appreciated :-)

Edited by Bananaman

[quote name='Bananaman' post='639059' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:44 PM']thanks for posting this, what a bargain event!! :)

after much indecisiveness i bought a 2x12 last night! bit worried now though about it being the S212 and not the M212 and people saying bad things about them. think size wise it will suit me as space is an issue in my car.

do people think this will work well enough as a stand alone cab to get decent volume or does it need another cab? is mainly for stage monitoring or smaller gigs without PA support (up to 150 people). play a rickenbacker 4003, want a fair range of sound, punchy but still deep. in a rock 3 piece vs a drummer & guitarist with fender hot rod deluxe. i do need a fair bit of volume as i'm often up front singing.

am not actually sure on what head to use yet as this was a rushed decision to go with tecamp! my options would have been Mark Bass II/III, Orange Bass Terror or Genz 6.0 or 9.0, but now i'm considering getting a puma 500 head to go with it. any comparison recommendations? i guess the matching head would be nice if there's not much in it and its way cheaper.

if people think this isn't enough power/volume alone i'd consider getting the tecamp 1x12 combo to go with it - with this be a natural pairing for the cab?

any advice appreciated :-)[/quote]

Firstly you'd need to check if the 2x12 is 8ohm or not, as the 1x12 is only compatable with one other 8 ohm unit. If it was, then that'd put you at 500W through 3x12" speakers; sounds pretty damn good to me!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='639012' date='Oct 28 2009, 12:52 PM']Update - gone with the one M212 that was left. Asked KJung (?) on Tbass about the 3 options I had, and he said the M212 all the way. :)[/quote]
I think Ken uses a couple of earlier front ported S212 and is very happy with that, but the M212 has a slightly bigger sound and a little darker.
Both the S212 and M212 are fine cabs in my opinion and can't imagine anyone being disappointed at these prices.
Interestingly I had both cabs at one point and sold the M212 in favour of the S212 only for the reason that the S212 was more than adequate for what I needed as a standalone backline cab with the main band, and just that little easier to carry.
When I need more volumn I still have one of Doods old Tech Soundsystem 4x10s. If not I would have bought the 4x10 advertised for £399 yesterday.

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='639063' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:48 PM']Firstly you'd need to check if the 2x12 is 8ohm or not, as the 1x12 is only compatable with one other 8 ohm unit. If it was, then that'd put you at 500W through 3x12" speakers; sounds pretty damn good to me![/quote]

sorry forgot to mention its 8 Ohm. how do i know what the cab will put out alone? 350w? :S

if i can get away with just the cab & a new head with it i will as saves cash and space but if not i guess i'll have to go for a combo.

[quote name='whynot' post='639068' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:51 PM']I think Ken uses a couple of earlier front ported S212 and is very happy with that, but the M212 has a slightly bigger sound and a little darker.
Both the S212 and M212 are fine cabs in my opinion and can't imagine anyone being disappointed at these prices.
Interestingly I had both cabs at one point and sold the M212 in favour of the S212 only for the reason that the S212 was more than adequate for what I needed as a standalone backline cab with the main band, and just that little easier to carry.
When I need more volumn I still have one of Doods old Tech Soundsystem 4x10s. If not I would have bought the 4x10 advertised for £399 yesterday.[/quote]

what amp do you use with the S212 as a stand alone rig? and is that plenty enough volume for stage sound/small venues?