Why become a member? ×

Tecamp

JimGavin

Morning All,

I don't normally post on these things, I'm more of a long time reader, first time poster...however I just got myself a silly good deal on a new Tecamp (puma) that I had to brag about :)
Normally guitarguitar have a good range of basses but not the best bass amp range, however, they have just got some silly mega deal on some new ones

[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_amps.asp?brandname=Tecamp"]tecamp link[/url]

I'm almost tempted to buy another spare cab.

Also, has anyone ever used the Pleasure board, is it worth the money?

Thanks

Tech/TecAmp gear is absolutely wonderful.

I don't feel at all arrogant in saying that my bass sound almost always turns heads when I fire it up for soundchecks it really is that great sounding.

I don;t know if it's a typo or not, but £399 for the 410 is possibly bargain of the year

[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_amps_detail.asp?stock=09102210212548"]http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_amps_de...=09102210212548[/url]

this is a cab that will handle almost anything, is incredibly easy to move around and has an amazingly rich sound.

Amazing prices. When you look at the other gear and realise that for less than £40 more than the cost of the Chinese made Line 6 combo you can have a German made combo that's smaller, louder, lighter and probably infinitely better sounding...

Thank you for posting this. I am now going to go home and look at the space under the stairs and see if it's big enough to house a 610.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='638237' date='Oct 27 2009, 05:52 PM']GG bought the remainder of Rosetti's stock as they have since parted company with Tecamp.

Don't know why they're selling it so cheap though - it kinda devalues the brand. Think Sound Control/Ashdown.

D.[/quote]

2 minutes after I placed my order I got a call from the Newcastle branch to thank me for the order and that it went through ok and that I should expect it to arrive on Thursday. I asked why they're so cheap and the guy said that they've basically recieved a batch load of them at really low prices and they're passing the saving onto the customer. Great service and great prices :)

[quote name='Dubs' post='638283' date='Oct 27 2009, 06:26 PM']2 minutes after I placed my order I got a call from the Newcastle branch to thank me for the order and that it went through ok and that I should expect it to arrive on Thursday. I asked why they're so cheap and the guy said that they've basically recieved a batch load of them at really low prices and they're passing the saving onto the customer. Great service and great prices :)[/quote]

Is it an M or S series cab?

They have the stock no./item description/photo all mixed up and it's not clear whether is the M or S.

Let us know.

D.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='638291' date='Oct 27 2009, 06:32 PM']Is it an M or S series cab?

They have the stock no./item description/photo all mixed up and it's not clear whether is the M or S.

Let us know.

D.[/quote]

It's M. Look at the "Product Description" below the other stuff...

[quote name='Dubs' post='638306' date='Oct 27 2009, 06:41 PM']It's M. Look at the "Product Description" below the other stuff...[/quote]

Yeah, I see that, but it's an S212 image they've used and the code 68S-2124 would suggest it's an S212/4 ohm.

Do you know if they have them in different impedances?

D.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='638357' date='Oct 27 2009, 07:27 PM']Yeah, I see that, but it's an S212 image they've used and the code 68S-2124 would suggest it's an S212/4 ohm.

Do you know if they have them in different impedances?

D.[/quote]

Ah, that is true. I guess I'll find out when it arrives. Don't really want the S212, so it might go back if it's that, or I might sling it on eBay @ £500 BIN :)

EDIT: In fact, I think you're completely right. Looks like they've just copied the wrong info from the TecAmp website. Might have to call up in the morning...

Edited by Dubs

Yeah my confirmation email says S212 - I would prefer the M, but either way, a lightweight 2x12 that handles up to 600w is exactly what I need!

[quote name='bassbloke' post='638385' date='Oct 27 2009, 07:50 PM']Have to ask, anyone tempted by the Bad Bull and a pair of 8x10s?[/quote]

That would be amazing! £2700 off RRP for an all-valve amp, they won't last long!

Edited by RussFM

[quote name='RussFM' post='638387' date='Oct 27 2009, 07:52 PM']Yeah my confirmation email says S212 - I would prefer the M, but either way, a lightweight 2x12 that handles up to 600w is exactly what I need![/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean, but a 17" wide cab with a 19" + another 1" either side will look a bit stupid. The M212 would have been perfect for me. If the 4x10 is still there in the morning then I'll get them to swap the order over...

Hi all

Does anyone have anything to say on the Puma cabs. Im looking for an amp to do small to medium gigs that are quite reliable. I checked the Tecamp website and it says that its output is 270 watts then 350 watts at 4 ohms - whats that mean :)

Cheers

Deaky