Why become a member? ×

Which cab?

Viajero

Ok, here's the situation: I've got a LMKII (300W into 8), and I need a lightweight cab to pair it with as a small rig. Needs to be powerful but portable, a cab I can carry in one hand.

I was thinking of an MB Traveller 210, but have recently seen favourable reviews of Aguilar GS112(NT) & DB112. If you had 400-odd pounds to play with, what one cab would you get to cover all kinds of small- to medium-sized gigs?

Your help would be much appreciated - your collectivev experience is far greater than mine.

[quote name='Viajero' post='68242' date='Oct 1 2007, 04:53 PM']Ok, here's the situation: I've got a LMKII (300W into 8), and I need a lightweight cab to pair it with as a small rig. Needs to be powerful but portable, a cab I can carry in one hand.

I was thinking of an MB Traveller 210, but have recently seen favourable reviews of Aguilar GS112(NT) & DB112. If you had 400-odd pounds to play with, what one cab would you get to cover all kinds of small- to medium-sized gigs?

Your help would be much appreciated - your collectivev experience is far greater than mine.[/quote]
Mark Bass do a variety of cabinets. Have you tried the bigger 2x10 with top and bottom front ports. It moves a bucketful of bass end for a 2x10.

In my opinion, the only comfortable one hand carry is an Epifani UL112 (30lbs). The Aguilars are very good but heavy (44lbs). They would be an easy two hand carry, but Aguilar only put one handle on them! I quite like Markbass amps but I don't think much of the sound of their cabs.

You need to listen to the choices.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='Adee' post='68280' date='Oct 1 2007, 05:46 PM']Deffo look at the Markbass 102HF i've got the 4x10" version and it superb, but big
the 2x10" will suit most fo your needs in a fairly light weight package

[/quote]

This photo looks like the much newer 2x10 with one front port. I'd like to try this model against the taller/older one that I have with twin front ports.
I've found these cabs to be much lighter than my old Peavey setup. I shed near 90lbs of "gigging load" from loading, humping and reloading equipment to the car by changing over to Mark Bass. Still got the same speaker setup and amp power too.

The markbass 102HF gets my vote unless you are up for building your own cabs then in which case I'd build a set of BFM Omni 10.5 cabs. Or a tad more dosh and get someone to build them.

The markbass cab is the best cab I've tried on the market for weight, price and sound.