Why become a member? ×

Laney RBW300

Jam

I'm looking into buying this combo:

3 year old Laney RBW300 for sale. 300 volts. £140.

Is this a good deal? Are they any good, and has anyone had any experience with them?

Hope to hear from you guys soon, i'm planning on going to have a look this weekend.

Cheers!

[quote]3 year old Laney RBW300 for sale. [i][b]300 volts[/b][/i].[/quote]

Whoever's selling it doesn't know what they're on about for starters.

The RBW300 was 165 Watts into 4 Ohms IIRC, and about 100 into the internal 8 Ohm speaker. They're fairly basic, workmanlike amps. I used to own the RBW200, and it always lacked a bit in the bottom end - the 1x15 may improve matters. As to the price, well it's about what I'd expect to see a tidy one advertised at - you'll probably be able to talk the guy down to around the £120 mark though. One went on the 'bay about a week back for £122 [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANEY-RBW-300-BASS-AMP-EXCELLENT-COND-LOOKS-NEW_W0QQitemZ160158278323QQihZ006QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Link[/url]

Andy

[quote name='Alien' date='Oct 1 2007, 09:46 PM' post='68400']
Whoever's selling it doesn't know what they're on about for starters.

Brilliant, thanks buddy. You reckon it's worth going for or waiting for a better one to pop up?

Balls, I just realised I read the wrong ad. The price is the same, but the model is different:

Laney DP 150 bass amplifier 4x10 combo.

This looks a little better than the RBW...

It looks like quite a decent combo for the price, no?

I've got a DP300 head sitting around (must get round to flogging it!). It was a fairly decent amp, but seemed to lack a real character of it's own - reminded me a bit of Peavey in that respect. A good amount of eq available though, and a few bells and whistles - it had a 'DPC attack' knob which, though I never knew what it did, sounded fantastic. Not sure if that was available on all the DP150's though.

Probably a little overpriced - again one sold on the 'bay for £112 recently - for an amp that could be about 20 years old.

Edited by Musky

Update:

Went and had a look at it this weekend. It sounds awesome! It's pretty big and it weighs a ton but it's not bad at all for the price i got it for. Managed to get down to £120 in the end, so can't complain. I'm still getting to grips with all the bells and whistles, it's much different to my last amp..

Speaking of which, I had a look for any versions of my old amp on the net. It's an "Ohm", no discernable model number or anything, just your basic amp with vol, bass, treble and mids. It's served me reasonably well, despite annoying crackles whenever I turn any of the knobs...

I'll try and get a picture up sometime to see if anyone can help me identify it..