Why become a member? ×

Advice for ebs td650

wayneyboy

Hi- i have a td650 and currently use a proline 4x10-
looking to get another smaller cab to save humping the 4x10 around for small gigs-
the 4x10 is 4ohm- the markbass cab i have been looking at is an 8ohm- i assume this will be ok to use with the head- as this is an 8ohm how does this effect the output- i.e will the amp have to be driven more to power the cab? Bit useless with this! also i assume if i get another cab it will need to be 8ohm as well so the same?
advice much appreciated!

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there
I used to have a TD650 (downgraded now to the 350) and i used to use it with one 8ohm accugroove cab for smaller gigs and 2 of them for larger, with no issues!, im sure i read that at 8 ohms the 650 puts out about 260 watts (im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) so make sure the 8 ohm cab can handle that, i wouldnt mix 1 x8 and 1x4ohms though, but you could run 2x8ohms and 1x4 ohms or 4x 8ohms speakers as the 650 goes down to 2 ohms, 2x 8ohms would give you 450 watts of power :) :rolleyes: hope this helps mate

Edited by lee650