Why become a member? ×

Show Us Your Rig

acidbass

This is the most amount of gear I owned at one point about 2 years ago until I joined a band that actually gigged instead of just rehearsed. Then I had to face loading and unloading outside venues. (I have a choice of about 5 different amps there and still have two Burman heads, the Bass 400+ was bought from Basszilla and sold to Ped only to be replaced by a Strategy 400 which I use mainly as my hi-fi amp. The Eden WT800 was sold to Chrkelly, the Loud 2x10 cabs went to funky_bass_guy, one of the Burman heads went to Pete.young, I still have the Deep Impact).

So this is my current rig. :) Just as loud but a bit less complicated.

This was my rehearsal set up when the band I was in had its own rehearsal studio. I'll end up selling it when I get a few bits sorted out.

Status, Shuker, Trantec wireless, Euphonic Audio iAmp350 head, Nemesis 2x10 and 1x15 cabs, Trace Elliot compressor, Boss volume pedal, Korg tuner.
Fairly soon the EA head will be going into a 4U case along with a newer Trantec receiver and an old Yamaha FX500 ½-rack FX unit.

[quote name='RussFM' post='1960' date='May 19 2007, 01:49 AM']GK 1001RB-II, GK Neo212, Fender Deluxe Active Jazz, Fender mid-80s Jazz. Doubt I'll ever use anything other than GK now, this rig sounds perfect. Even tempted to get a 400RB for practice.

[/quote]

How much did the GK Rig set you back? A huge fan of GK myself and I intend to get a stack off them.

[quote name='MattyB90' post='2707' date='May 20 2007, 10:13 AM']How much did the GK Rig set you back? A huge fan of GK myself and I intend to get a stack off them.[/quote]

I'd recommend it! The head was £499 from Sounds Live, and I think the cab was £470 from Thomann. Small, light, but sounds absolutely massive for it's size.

[quote name='RussFM' post='3074' date='May 20 2007, 08:46 PM']I'd recommend it! The head was £499 from Sounds Live, and I think the cab was £470 from Thomann. [b]Small, light, but sounds absolutely massive for it's size.[/b][/quote]

Thats exactly what I love about my GK MB150-E.

The cab is an old 2x15 with H||H speakers, and its sound very nice with the Mesa, the Mesa now has a matching green headcase in production that should look lovely.

I don't use the above setup half as much as it should be used, since I'm not gigging at the moment.

I've a second rig that is going thought change but I don't have the pictures of it yet.

here's mine:

It's a very sh*t pic of a 1986 (only year the head was produced) SWR ss180 and goliath I 4X10, 21 years old and still going strong! Ill probably be getting a new head tho and some new cabs aswell (to go with the 1 already there)

Edit: here's a slightly better pic with it's new wheels:

Edited by EdwardHimself