Why become a member? ×

sold

wombatboter

I noticed this bass on the European Bass Day and I just had to try it out. After half a minute I knew I had to have one. I had never heard anything like it, the sustain was the best I had ever heard and the tone was warm and full. Rainer from Lefay build me a fivestring and a couple of months later I had one finally.
After a year I wanted to have a fourstring and this was build too. Both basses are the best fretless basses I have ever heard and played imo.
The stainless steel might give the impression that it would sound cold and artificial but it doesn't, bassplayers who tried it are amazed by the natural and beautiful tone coming out of this bass.
Although it is passive, it has a tremendous output and the dots and lines on the side of the neck make it very easy to intonate.
Unfortunately I find myself playing less fivestring and for the fretless situations I'm using the Lefay 4 or my fretless Wal.
I noticed that with the exception of one studiosession last Friday I haven't been using this fivestring in a band situation any more.
I could use the money from this possible sale for something else so here it is...
Specs can be found on the Lefay-site. These basses cost around 4400 euros when you buy them new. I'm looking for 2500 euro.
I prefer no trades. Bass can be picked up or can be shipped. For any more pictures of details, feel free to email me.
Thanks.

[url="http://www.lefay.de/index.php?id=12"]http://www.lefay.de/index.php?id=12[/url]

[quote name='spiritchaser' post='630114' date='Oct 19 2009, 10:07 AM']Geeeez - Geert! You cannot do that! :)
If I hadn't that killer WAL 5 fretless I would instantly buy that Le Fay from you. Having played it shortly at your place I can only recommend both the instrument and the seller :rolleyes:
Best of luck w/ the sale!
ta
Oliver[/quote]

Thanks Oliver.... how good this bass might be it just doesn't get played any more the last year and a half. I take it from its hook every now and then and I'm still amazed by it but I have left the band I could use it in. To be honest this 5 string sounds a lot better than the Lefay 4 (the 5 has more bottom) but if I have to make a choice I would sacrifice this five-string since I tend to go for my fourstring (it's just easier in certain situations)
I'm still not sure about this sale, I told myself I would never sell it but it bothers me that I cannot find a purpose for it.
I'm playing in bands which don't incorporate fretless so...