Why become a member? ×

Overwater....... IS NOW SOLD

The Shrek

Hey guys my Overwater is no longer mine, :) but I am happy to say she will be winging her way to a great guy who will use the guitar the way it is meant to be used! :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the advice and help!

Now what shall I buy........ I think I have made my mind up so get your stingrays out here i come (4 strings, 3 eq, maple board)

Michael

Edited by The Shrek

[quote name='JD1' post='625323' date='Oct 13 2009, 06:28 PM']That looks like the one leprechaun had as its an unusual pup config for Overwater. If it is then its a helluva bass. I borrowed it for some gigs a couple of years ago and it sounded / played great.[/quote]

It is the very same bass my friend, i purchased it just over a year from bassmanady here!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='625306' date='Oct 13 2009, 06:12 PM']Oh Shrekky boy - where were you 3 or 4 days ago? :) How much sir??[/quote]

Oh man, now you've confused me, with the current market i just expected to trade it and haven't really thought of a price!

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='625305' date='Oct 13 2009, 06:12 PM']Price? :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

If I am correct The bass that caught my eye and started me thinking bout changing used to belong to yourself. It's a GB Spitfire prototype. I should have been here earlier man!
I would give my life to own a new Spitfire but there's no way i can afford it!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='625306' date='Oct 13 2009, 06:12 PM']Oh Shrekky boy - where were you 3 or 4 days ago? :) How much sir??[/quote]

Just been through the back catalog of Overwater Progress sales here and £800 seems to be the average!

What you lot think of that!

[quote name='The Shrek' post='625582' date='Oct 13 2009, 10:50 PM']I'm confused my friend, you say i should have been here 3 or 4 day ago,...........what happened 3 or 4 days ago to cause you so much pain?[/quote]

I was trading a Shuker Jazz for something like this for around the same value...I have the cash to play with but your a bit far away to come and try the bass.

[quote name='The Shrek' post='625582' date='Oct 13 2009, 10:50 PM']I'm confused my friend, you say i should have been here 3 or 4 day ago,...........what happened 3 or 4 days ago to cause you so much pain?[/quote]

Alan sold the Shuker to behold above all other (4 string) Shukers :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='625589' date='Oct 13 2009, 10:52 PM']I was trading a Shuker Jazz for something like this for around the same value...I have the cash to play with but your a bit far away to come and try the bass.[/quote]

Oh boll'#ks, my timing was sure off there,
you had exactly the sort of thing i was dreaming off :)

[quote name='The Shrek' post='625405' date='Oct 13 2009, 07:54 PM']Just been through the back catalog of Overwater Progress sales here and £800 seems to be the average!

What you lot think of that![/quote]

way under priced IMO. i would hold out for a trade rather than sell it that low.

[quote name='The Shrek' post='625405' date='Oct 13 2009, 07:54 PM']Just been through the back catalog of Overwater Progress sales here and £800 seems to be the average!

What you lot think of that![/quote]

Sounds ridiculously cheap. That bass would be well over 2 grand new, surely?

[quote name='Rumple' post='625763' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:00 AM']Very nice and way too cheap at that price![/quote]

Thanks for the honesty guys, I am surprised normally if you make a mistake in pricing, someone has ripped you off before you find out.

I always knew that bass players were the salt of the earth, the good guys, the dependable ones, the intelligent ones, the best looking ones, the coolest ones .....etc etc etc!