Why become a member? ×

South East Bash

Merton

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='52384' date='Aug 29 2007, 03:34 PM']Cambridge would be better, or at least a place off the M1 or A1.[/quote]

But then that would almost be more of a 'Midlands Bash'... :)

Edited by cetera

[quote name='ped' post='52374' date='Aug 29 2007, 03:15 PM']There is some discussion about Oxford being a possible area for the next 'national' meet - does that sit well with most people?[/quote]

the roads into Oxford can be a bit of a sod.

I'm a bit set in my ways and don't like change. Have we been barred from the ususal place?

Somewhere M40 Oxford way would be OK - just not in Oxford itself.

Some of us missed the South East bash so it would not be overkill for us but yes spring would be good. I dont think school holidays is such a good idea because people often take their family holidays during the school hols and non resident parents often also have their children in the school holidays.

One issue is that the reason it was in Northampton first was because the place was very close to Paul's house - it is much easier to scope out locations and so on when you know the area, and can get to the venue before everyone else on the day!

Well,

First up a huge (if belated) thanks to OBBM for organising the bash, great news on the "operating surplus" as well, thanks again Dave, & here's to the next one!

Thanks also to (Silverfox)Nik & Walman for letting me noodle around on their WALs - first time I've ever met one in the flesh & I can see why they have their followers.

I'm certainly in favour of an Oxford-esque centre for the next National Bash, mainly as I have associations with the area so can make a weekend of it at nominal cost - although so long as I can get to the venue by public transport I'm not fussy. I have a couple of ideas for a location, but will check 'em out & run it by Ped to see what he thinks.

Pete.

Great to hear that we raised £130 for a good cause and thanks for sorting that out Dave; excellent work!! Mind you, does that make the Basschat SE Bash the bass player's version of a Salvation Army Coffee Morning?? If so, we need some Hobnobs at the next one and hairnets all round! :)

[i]"Thanks also to (Silverfox)Nik & Walman for letting me noodle around on their WALs - first time I've ever met one in the flesh & I can see why they have their followers"[/i]
Cheers Pete - enjoyed the noodle on the Arias as well...

I'm up for another SE Bash and/or the next National one, depending on all the usual provisos but particularly location. Mind you, I wouldn't want it to appear that the National Bash choice of location is being monopolised by people from the South East. That's why I thought the SE Bash two weeks ago was such a great idea. Solved that particular problem...

With so many people to cater for, the earlier we book in some dates the better, so let's book some dates in soon.

Nik

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='obbm' post='59702' date='Sep 13 2007, 08:57 AM']A final postscript. I 've just got back from 10 days abroad and found this letter waiting for me.

Well done everyone.[/quote]
That's fantastic - thanks for posting that Dave and for thinking of the idea in the first place.. Nice item of post to return home to after a holiday instead of the usual bills etc that lie waiting in anger on the doormat. Hope you had a good one...

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='59717' date='Sep 13 2007, 09:39 AM']That's fantastic - thanks for posting that Dave and for thinking of the idea in the first place.. Nice item of post to return home to after a holiday instead of the usual bills etc that lie waiting in anger on the doormat. Hope you had a good one...

Nik[/quote]

If only. I was working, the only serious bit I do a year, at the International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam. Lots of lovely kit, stunning pictures and many pointers to the future. I also found out a bit more about the future of wireless mic channel 69. I'll post on that later.

I had the most diabolical journey home yesterday but that's another story. If anyone needs a cowboy outfit for their son for Xmas I recommend they buy Flybe.

• 8 months later...