Why become a member? ×

South East Bash

Merton

[quote name='wildman' post='21863' date='Jun 22 2007, 01:06 PM']Dave,

I think we might be away - trying to bag a last minute holiday deal, but if we are around I'll be there and well done for organising it !

Cheers, John[/quote]

+1 on that - Cheers Dave! ^_^

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='22140' date='Jun 22 2007, 09:45 PM']+1 on that - Cheers Dave! ^_^[/quote]

Thanks Nik and John

Lets keep a high visibility on this thread so we get a good attendance on the 18th Aug.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='21661' date='Jun 21 2007, 11:54 PM']Yay for weird synths & rubber bands!

I'll most likely lug this lot...

1982 TSB-400 with Whammy Bar
1980 SB-900 (hopefully for an A/B with Simon73's SB-404 if he can make it)
Ashdown Superfly
Flite 1 x15
Epi UL-110

and a trolley

Pete.[/quote]

Have not been on here in the past couple of weeks due to I have been really busy with college!
OK,August the 18th, will try and do what I can, better book it of work so I can go.
Will bring the 404 with me.

Thanks all

Simon

[quote name='obbm' post='21654' date='Jun 21 2007, 11:31 PM']I'll bring Lakland DJ5, Lakland Duck Dunn and Epifani rig plus whatever else takes my fancy.[/quote]

Oooohh... I would love to get my grubby paws on that Duck Dunn. I'm really curious to see how it sounds with those Dark Stars. Good job on organising it! :)

I guess if we're short on amps I can bring my MarkBass LMII + Epifani UL-110. Bass wise I might bring down my Fender Jazz. If I don't need to bring an amp, I may bring down my trans-era Stingray for some nice eye candy.

I'd definitely like to be there.
As to exactly what I bring, that will be totally dependent on what mode of transport I can get. If I'm coming by train, it'll be just what I'm able to lug on my little wheelie trolley (possibly one solitary item :) ).

HOWEVER, if a fellow Londoner with a big enough vehicle feels like calling by my place and sharing the petrol costs (hint...hint :huh: ), the list could consist of:

Dean Stylist Archtop Bass
Trace Elliot VA350 power amp
In rack case: MindPrint enVoice, Peavey TB Raxx and Korg DTR-2
...and [i]if it's built by then[/i], a BFM Omni 10

If anyone can help transport-wise, let me know!

[quote name='NickThomas' post='22621' date='Jun 24 2007, 12:37 PM']There's obviously a cost involved in the venue. Do we need to be sending donations, or will it be sorted out on the day?[/quote]

I will be collecting the usual £10 from each person on the day. If we get enough people this should cover the cost of hiring the venue and anything over gets donated to charity. I am proposing that this time it goes to the Meningitus Research Foundation. Our local Jam organiser lost his teenage daughter to it a few years ago and he and other musicians do what they can to raise money for research.

[quote name='obbm' post='22627' date='Jun 24 2007, 01:01 PM']I will be collecting the usual £10 from each person on the day. If we get enough people this should cover the cost of hiring the venue and anything over gets donated to charity. I am proposing that this time it goes to the Meningitus Research Foundation. Our local Jam organiser lost his teenage daughter to it a few years ago and he and other musicians do what they can to raise money for research.[/quote]

That gets the thumbs up from me.

[quote name='obbm' post='23234' date='Jun 25 2007, 09:47 PM']Dropping like flies. Is anyone coming?[/quote]
Of the37 of us that have expressed an interest (so far), we have 13 definites & three probables by my reckoning (I'm keeping a list). 16 who originally expressed an interest have yet to pipe up.

Pete

Edited by Bloodaxe

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='23260' date='Jun 25 2007, 10:24 PM']Of the37 of us that have expressed an interest (so far), we have 13 definites & three probables by my reckoning (I'm keeping a list). 16 who originally expressed an interest have yet to pipe up.

Pete[/quote]

Well done. That looks quite promising. We'd better start planning another for those who can't make it.

[quote name='obbm' post='23289' date='Jun 25 2007, 11:11 PM']Well done. That looks quite promising. We'd better start planning another for those who can't make it.[/quote]
+1 for that. Doing it during the school holidays may not have helped. How about sending the others that expressed an interest a PM?

Well we were never gonna please everyone with a date, its sometimes best to just say a date and see what the attendance is like after the dust settles. This is the first of any UK bash I'll be able to get to due to gigs, although i do have one that night i should have plenty of time to get back.

Si

[quote name='Oxblood' post='22588' date='Jun 24 2007, 10:27 AM']HOWEVER, if a fellow Londoner with a big enough vehicle feels like calling by my place and sharing the petrol costs (hint...hint :) ), the list could consist of:[/quote]

Oxblood, i can give you a lift form Ruislip Central line, if you want, but my car is totally impractical for anything more than a bass or 2!!!

Trev.