Why become a member? ×

South East Bash

Merton

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='21107' date='Jun 20 2007, 10:58 PM']Hi Dave,

I say we go for the 18th of August, 10am-6pm, and if it's successful, then we could always run another one early next year for those who can't make it.
So, by my reckoning, here's a list of those who say they can do the 18th:

OBBM
Silverfoxnik
Sibob
Nick Thomas
G-77
Mickey D
Mobius
misrule
Bloodaxe

That's 9 already and The Beedster is up for this as well (aren't you Chris), so that'll be the 10! :)

But let's see if we can get 15 or 20 and really make a day of it?

Cheers

Nik[/quote]

With such a distinguished roll call how could I refuse :huh:. Cheers Nick, I really hope I'll be around and able to make it. Should have the Shergold fixed up by then also (I don't imagine that my one Precision and one Jazz are exactly going to set the world alight). Looking forward to catching up with the old SUB and your Wal
Chris

Edited by Beedster

At £10 per head, 10 is the break even point so it looks like its a go.

There are still a few other locals who haven't signed up yet - Merton? Walbassist? Wildman? plus some in London expressed an interest. It's a quick 40-minute train ride to Guildford and a 5-minute walk from the station.

[quote name='obbm' post='21194' date='Jun 21 2007, 07:57 AM']plus some in London expressed an interest.[/quote]
[quote name='obbm' post='11367' date='Jun 3 2007, 12:37 PM']Perhaps you London types should hold your own Bash.[/quote]

Come on then, are us "London types" invited or not? :) If there's parking I can bring Urb with me.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='21207' date='Jun 21 2007, 08:31 AM']Come on then, are us "London types" invited or not? :) If there's parking I can bring Urb with me.[/quote]

Last time I looked at a map London was mos def South East :huh:
Hope you can make it CK. I'm sure Urb's a nice guy too!
C

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='21207' date='Jun 21 2007, 08:31 AM']Come on then, are us "London types" invited or not? :) If there's parking I can bring Urb with me.[/quote]

Everyone is invited.

The venue is accessed from the Farnham Road Car Park so there is no problem parking - it just costs.

[quote name='Beedster' post='21192' date='Jun 21 2007, 07:52 AM']With such a distinguished roll call how could I refuse :). Cheers Nick, I really hope I'll be around and able to make it. Should have the Shergold fixed up by then also (I don't imagine that my one Precision and one Jazz are exactly going to set the world alight). Looking forward to catching up with the old SUB and your Wal
Chris[/quote]

Great news Chris - Look forward to seeing you and the 'Beedster Babes' there, especially Kylie! Will definitely bring the Wal and the SUB5 with me...

Aug 18th is now in the diary! :huh:

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='21634' date='Jun 21 2007, 10:35 PM']I'm confused. What times are we talking about here? If its 10 to 2 I can probably put in an appearance.[/quote]

10 'til 6 so hopefully that'll work.

For anyone doing public transport from London, direct train times from Waterloo are at 00, 15, 30 & 45 mins past the hour & returns at 02, 17, 32, & 47 mins, Cheap Day Return is £11.

About 35-40mins journey - assuming that no-one changes the timetable or decides to dig huge holes in the railway.

If anyone else is planning on being daft enough to try this, feel free to drop me a PM if you fancy meeting up aforehand.

Pete.

Venue booked.

Saturday 18th August

10 am to 6 pm.

I guess we now need to start listing who is bringing what.

I'll bring Lakland DJ5, Lakland Duck Dunn and Epifani rig plus whatever else takes my fancy.

[quote name='G-77' post='21658' date='Jun 21 2007, 11:42 PM']I might just being the G-77 if anyone is interested, and as the Ashboury was a hit at the last bash i might bring that.[/quote]

Yay for weird synths & rubber bands!

I'll most likely lug this lot...

1982 TSB-400 with Whammy Bar
1980 SB-900 (hopefully for an A/B with Simon73's SB-404 if he can make it)
Ashdown Superfly
Flite 1 x15
Epi UL-110

and a trolley

Pete.

I wondered where this thread had gone, didn't realise it was at the top. I will definately be coming and can bring any of my gear should anyone wish although I appreciate it is not of the same quality as the rest of you! :)

Well done Dave for booking it. Regarding the emails I'm not sure that the address is checked that often, when I did my work experience there it wasn't very professional although it is great for what it does. Ive done numerous gigs in the liveroom and I think it sounds pretty good.

[quote name='dr.funk' post='21718' date='Jun 22 2007, 08:29 AM']I wondered where this thread had gone, didn't realise it was at the top. I will definately be coming and can bring any of my gear should anyone wish although I appreciate it is not of the same quality as the rest of you! :)

Well done Dave for booking it. Regarding the emails I'm not sure that the address is checked that often, when I did my work experience there it wasn't very professional although it is great for what it does. Ive done numerous gigs in the liveroom and I think it sounds pretty good.[/quote]

Steve told me that they have an email problem so that was the reason for zero response. What a way to run a business eh?

Great!

I'll be bringing my 1979 Wal Pro 2e, my 1984 BC Rich Eagle, what was The Beedster's mojo'd MM SUB5 and probably some FX.

May bring my Hartke HA3500 but more interestingly, may bring the old Peavey Mk IV series head which still sounds great to my very dated ears!

Looking forward to meeting everyone there...

Nik

I think the only thing i have of interest that people might like is my Shuker EUB, other then that its my USA Jazz, Corvette $$ (might be gone by then) and my Drop C ThingRay lol. Although might have my piccolo bass restrung by then!

Tis in the diary

Si

[quote name='obbm' post='21212' date='Jun 21 2007, 08:53 AM']The venue is accessed from the Farnham Road Car Park so there is no problem parking - it just costs.[/quote]

How much are the parking charges per hour, Dave?

As far as gear is concerned, I can bring the Smith 5's (fretted/fretless) and the Celinder. Happy to take requests as well if there's anything specific people would like to try. I do have a stereo set up if anyone wants to hear the Pentabuzz or Alembic in stereo.

[size=3][b]South East Bass Bash[/b][/size]

[size=3][i]Saturday 18th August[/i][/size]

[size=3]10:00am - 6:00pm[/size]

[url="http://home.btconnect.com/backlinestudios/location.html"]Backline Recording and Rehearsal Studios[/url]
1-2 The Archways
Guildford Park Road
Guildford
GU2 5NP

Farnham Road Car Park is 60p per hour or £5 per day.

[quote name='obbm' post='21761' date='Jun 22 2007, 10:35 AM'][size=3][b]South East Bass Bash[/b][/size]

[size=3][i]Saturday 18th August[/i][/size]

[size=3]10:00am - 6:00pm[/size]

[url="http://home.btconnect.com/backlinestudios/location.html"]Backline Recording and Rehearsal Studios[/url]
1-2 The Archways
Guildford Park Road
Guildford
GU2 5NP

Farnham Road Car Park is 60p per hour or £5 per day.[/quote]

Thanks