Why become a member? ×

Markbass LMII problem

Jean-Luc Pickguard

I bought a Little Mark II today.

One thing thats worrying me is that the ground lift switch at the back seems to be fitted to the chassis OK, but the actual rocker part of the switch does not click into either the on or off position - it just flaps about loosely as if there's supposed to be a spring to make it click into position which is either missing or broken. Does this sound like a faulty switch? surely its not supposed to be like that?

Yep - thought so. Cheers for the replies chaps. I phoned the shop & will go up there to swap it out next Saturday. I also ordered one of the funky but expensive Markbass Bags for it which I'll pick up at the same time.

I tried my NS CR5M through the LMII with my Schroeder 1212L today & it knocked my socks off. I don't think I've ever heard a bass sound coming from my fingers that I've loved so much! The VLE & VPF controls make it so easy to quicky dial in great sounds. Impressive!

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='67513' date='Sep 29 2007, 10:03 PM']I tried my NS CR5M through the LMII with my Schroeder 1212L today & it knocked my socks off. I don't think I've ever heard a bass sound coming from my fingers that I've loved so much! The VLE & VPF controls make it so easy to quicky dial in great sounds. Impressive![/quote]

That's exactly the same bass and rig as I'm using for most gigs at the moment !

The sound is the best I've ever had IMO of course. It does just about every style and covers a wide enough range of sounds for me playing blues/ rock/pop covers.

I also use a Sansamp programmable BDDI into the LM II for a more rocky and warmer sound. Also program it for the one and only reggae song we do. The bass wallop is fantastic.

Hope you enjoy it.

Frank