Why become a member? ×

STR anyone ? (6 string Jazz style interest)

Nick Brown

Hi everyone,

I seem to remember a thread in the "old forum" (oooeeeerrrr very Frankie Howerd :)) concerning 6 string Jazz style basses.

So for those that are interested here is the latest addition to my stable.

This is an STR LS648, made in Japan by Satoru Yatsuzuka and his team
It is a 34" scale instrument with a maple neck and fingerboard. The body is light ash, I can vouch for it being light as the whole instrument
just tips 9.5lbs on the scales, and the top and matchng peghead facings are wenge, It has an STR designed bridge which is very substantial,
string spacing is a medium 18mm. The pickups are proprietary STR and they feed into an Aguilar OBP3 pre-amp. The fit and finish is just
exceptional.

Looks great - the next bass I get is going to have a maple fingerboard - they're stunning...

May I enquire as to how much you had to part with to get that? I'm looking at getting a fretted 5 at the moment so considering all the options...

Cheers

John

Hi John

List on this bass is about £2000 at the moment.

Cheers

Nick

[quote name='jwbassman' post='5244' date='May 23 2007, 06:16 PM']Looks great - the next bass I get is going to have a maple fingerboard - they're stunning...

May I enquire as to how much you had to part with to get that? I'm looking at getting a fretted 5 at the moment so considering all the options...

Cheers

John[/quote]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='jwbassman' post='5244' date='May 23 2007, 05:16 PM']Looks great - the next bass I get is going to have a maple fingerboard - they're stunning...

Cheers

John[/quote]

John
That man Jon Shuker does a fine custom ...
Rich on this board has a very nice 5 string Shuker jazz style with a gorgeous maple board ... and you aren't that far from Sheffield :)
:huh:

(foot note required by forum bylaw 662.57 : Other bass luthiers are available)

[quote name='Nick Brown' post='5303' date='May 23 2007, 06:58 PM']Hi John

List on this bass is about £2000 at the moment.

Cheers

Nick[/quote]

Hi Nick
Looks yummie
What did it cost to ship and are those front LED's
OG

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='24777' date='Jun 29 2007, 11:12 AM']Rich on this board has a very nice 5 string Shuker jazz style with a gorgeous maple board ... and you aren't that far from Sheffield :)[/quote]Awww shucks :huh:
Doodle's is even nicer.

Nick, that's beautiful... how much did you have to cough up in terms of duty/customs/VATheft..?

[quote name='OldGit' post='24777' date='Jun 29 2007, 11:12 AM'](foot note required by forum bylaw 662.57 : Other bass luthiers are available)[/quote]

Ahhh there's ma li'l Doodle! Aint she perty! Maybe later she will have a little sister too! Quite looking forward to that!

The STR is a very nice bass. A good example of bird's eye maple too. Good to see maple board 6ers! If you have such a nice lump o' wood, it seems a shame not to use as much of it as possible!! lol