Why become a member? ×

Cat Burrito

Shaggy

Did an amp / guitar trade with Tim last Friday, totally smooth deal despite my missing my motorway junction (I blame sub-standard English traffic cones) and having to hastily rearrange the meet at the next one down! Great guy, great communicator, great taste in gear, obviously a total nut about all things bass. Has a dubious relationship with his cat :rolleyes:
Would deal with again anytime! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tim replied to my Wanted Epiphone Les Paul Bass thread within hours of me posting.
The upshot being that we done a deal and I'm a very happy bunny.
Was able to pick the bass up on our way back from Wales today(he's only 10mins off the M4) had a nice cup of coffee and a natter.
A lovely geezer our Tim.
A great example of what makes Bass Chat such a good place.
Cheers Tim
All the best mate.

• 1 month later...

I remember that OLP. Must be the new BassChat communal 4 string!

[quote name='stevie' post='725225' date='Jan 26 2010, 02:41 PM']Bought an OPL bass from Tim, which is in great nick with fresh strings. Tim went the extra mile, arranging for his drummer to deliver personally to my door. What a star! You don't get this quality of service very often. Thanks, Tim.[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...
:) Cheque sent, no question about trying out my Ampeg svt2x10he, He drove all the way from Newbury to Leicestershire, he had a pint of Guiness and we had a good chat, Ace guy to deal with ,enjoy Vegas Tim, watch out for the Goolies,All the Best mate, don't forget to send me your link. Rich :rolleyes: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Another 'highly recommended' from me too.
Just bought a P bass bridge cover and he sent it while I was buggering about on Paypal making a mess of his email address :)

All sorted in the end though.

Thanks Tim, you're a star.

Tom.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a '51 RI Pickup from Tim for a steal after he had picked up a bargain Seymour Duncan.

Nice to see people pass on good fortune instead of trying to rip everyone else off for a change. I know too many people like that unfortunately.

The best thing being, I hadn't even advertised that I wanted this pickup, and he hadn't advertised it for sale. He popped up in a thread about pickup recommendations and like some kind of bass chat superhero offered me the '51 reissue which had already been recommended to me, for a bargain price.

What a legend.

It even arrived in a lovely Seymour Duncan box with the pickup nicely tucked away in a cloth bag! Miles better than the usual stuffed-in-a-jiffy-bag ebay transaction.

Can't recommended this guy enough.

Oh, and if all that wasn't good enough, I paid for the item on Thursday afternoon- it arrived Friday morning.

Top bloke!!

I was on the lookout for a thumb rest for my CIJ Precision, and Tim offered to send me one, in return for a small donation to Bass Chat. Really nice thing to do, and the thumb rest arrived quickly.

Thanks Tim!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I bought a beautiful US Fender Precision from this gentleman yesterday. He was totally professional, friendly and helpful. A pleasure to meet you and a pleasure to do business with you! Love the guitar and I was pretty impressed with Gram and Pete too! Thanks for your hospitality, for a great guitar and for a very easy and pleasant transaction.

Masive recommedation! :) :) :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Went down to Tims on Thursday from Manchester to buy his Ampeg 115 and arrived quite late (11pm).
Tim had kept me fully up to date with his movements etc so I could co-ordinate meet up times.
When I needed to arrange the whole thing Tim was very easy going and totally amenable.
It all went wonderfully with Tim taking the time to show me around the Ampeg, tell me about its history and so on.
He also threw in to the deal a Roqsolid cover and a set of Precision pickup covers!
To paraphrase red dwarf, "Wottaguy!"
A great man to deal with, very kind in his dealings, and has two gorgeous happy cats which says it all !
Thanks very much Tim.
MM

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some wizard pickups off Tim. Arived well packaged and lightening quick - just in time for my rebuild day. Pleasure to deal with and good comms throughout. Have no problem at all recommending fellow BCers. Top bloke! Cheers Tim!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...