Why become a member? ×

feedback for AndyTravis

Ou7shined

• 3 weeks later...

Had the absolute pleasure of meeting Mr Travis (and his delightful daughters) this afternoon who bought my EBS cab. Could have chewed the fat on basses, amps and gigging for hours but I had to rush. 

I really hope the cab serves you well and gets some proper use when (hopefully) this Covid business has passed. 

Once again, thanks :)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a Status Bass from Andy, great comms, loads of packaging and no issues with Eurosender/DPD either: picked up Thursday and delivered Friday. Expect Andy and I will be chewing Bass 'fat' and exchanging PM's (we are up to Page 4 now)  well into the future! Buy/sell to with complete confidence.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd leave something on here for Mr Travis. I've been friends with Andy on here for well over 10 years, and chatted long before that. I've dealt with him many times, and he's always been unfailingly honest and I've gone to him many times for advice.

I recently bought a yamaha 5 string from a lovely bloke on here, and as delivery wasn't an option he delivered it to Andy on my behalf. Now not only did Andy travel to Morecambe and deliver it to me in person, he took the time to clean and oil the neck, give it a full setup and even sourced some Yamaha straplocks for the bass. An absolute gent of a person and I'm very privileged to count him as a freind😁

Thanks loads bro I owe you one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought the Yamaha BB1300 off Andy and it was a pleasure doing the deal, we had a good chat over the 2 weeks while waiting on Andy's new purchase but the wait was well worth it ,what a fabulous Bass which was well packed for the Journey. A gentleman to deal with all the way...Thanks Andy

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was somewhat nervous, paying the huge sum of £2.50 up front for some slightly roadworn knobs.

I need not have feared, said knobs appeared carefully wrapped in a jiffy bag, a bit ironic that!

Andy's a true gent and I would be just as confident buying a whole bass off him.

• Thanks 1

Just received a pair of shiny knobs from Andy and has already been said many times over he's a great guy to deal with, no bother and they were quickly delivered. He also has unnaturally large handwriting. In case you were wondering. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Osiris said:

Just received a pair of shiny knobs from Andy and has already been said many times over he's a great guy to deal with, no bother and they were quickly delivered. He also has unnaturally large handwriting. In case you were wondering. 

For envelopes I do - nice and clear for the posties to read.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“The so called ‘Mr Travis’ sent the bass next day when I’d clearly requested same day delivery. He’s no Amazon that’s for sure! Speaking of Amazon don’t get me started on the packaging job either it took me absolutely ages to get off. By the time I’d unboxed it and then took off the multiple layers of protective bubblewrap I was knackered but dying to play the thing. The finish was much cleaner and brighter than the pictures so I wasn’t happy with his poor photography- he really should have sent higher definition images so points off again for that. However the worst was yet to come… The bass arrived extremely out of tune

rendering it basically unplayable - until

I had it tuned by a local guitar shop which was totally out of my way at least that was free of charge. Judging by the  whispers and laughing at the shop thought this was unacceptable too!”

P*ss taking aside Andy was a pleasure to deal with. The bass had a brand new Gotoh bridge fitted and it’s a lovely unit which suits the bass nicely. Super fast delivery,  good comms, expertly packaged and cleaned and set up like the pro he is. 
thanks man 🥲

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3