Why become a member? ×

cabinets: warwick 211 vs ashdown mag414 vs hughes and kettner 2x12

fede162162

hi!i got a new band ,and they have a private jam room too,so i have to buy a new cheap cabinet that probably in future i will sell.

the price are:

150 euro for used hughes and kettner 2x12 8 ohm,old production,not in mint looking,but it works. 28-30kilos
200 euro for used warwick 211 in perfect conditions, 2x10 8 ohm. new production. 55lbs - 25kilos
250 for a new ashdown mag 414, 4 ohm. 27 kilos

i am orientated towards the Warwick cab,because is the smaller and lighter one,and i think i can re sell at the same price.

but i don't know nothing about quality and sound of these 3 cabintes,so ifyou know something please help me to choose!

I really like the sound of my Hughes & Kettner BC410H but at the weekend I looked at the BR410H, still very good but different size and not as full sounding.

So I think I would need to try them out.

I assume the price in euros means the H&K is too far for me if you decide you don't want it.

Cheers
John

i'm going to buy just the H&K,150 euro is a great price,and it is in my town,Naples! i hope it will works like the owner says!

but i think i will buy also the warwick 211 ,because i have a parsek 2x10 ohm. a cabinet 4 ohm and another 8 ohm...there's no sense to have them,so i will sell the 4ohm by Parsek(the old name of Markbass,you know?) to get the 8 ohm warwick!

Edited by fede162162

The H&K 2x12 if working properly should be great. It is of the same era as the BC range (may even be a BC212) and far better than the BR range. If it were in the UK I'd have snapped it up for £100 (150 euro). Have you seen pics of it as H&K did a Bassbase 400 2x12 combo, occasionally the amps were removed from these and the cabs used with other equipment.

hi guys!this morning i bought the H&K head! if i remember well what it was written behind the cabinet,it is a BC 2x12. it had the adjustable tweeter, two inputs and two outputs.

next week i will post some pics of the cabinet!and i will say how it truly sounds! now i'd tried it only for ten minutes alone,and i can just say that it works and sound clean and clear. let's wait next jam with my rock group!

now i don't know ifi have to purchase the other 8 ohm cabinet,the warwick 2x11. friends in italy tell me that put in couple different cabinets(H&K and Warwick) can give unpredictable effects!they may be good...or bad!! so they tellm to give up the warwick,and hold my 2x10 4 ohm Parsek,which I know it's a great cab! if one day i will really need more cabs i will buy some.

this is a good advice,i'm sure...but i still don't know what to do...parsek,warwick,parsek,warwick,parsek,warwick!?

[quote name='fede162162' post='67907' date='Sep 30 2007, 10:14 PM']hi guys!this morning i bought the H&K head! if i remember well what it was written behind the cabinet,it is a BC 2x12. it had the adjustable tweeter, two inputs and two outputs.[/quote]

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm looking for another H&K BC cab - ideally 1x15 to go with my 410 - heavy but really solid and sounds superb.

How are you finding the sound of yours? (and if you ever want to sell it in the uk, you know where to come).

Cheers
John

I can't still say anything about its sound. i 'm gonna trying it with my band sunday! yesterday I tried it for five minutes alone, and by now i can say that it sounds clear,it seems to have great high-mid punchy! i think that i will hear greatly the woody sound of my basses with it. i've been lucky,i was hurry searching for a cheap cabinet to hold in the second jam-room,and i found it,which seems to sound not very like a cheap cab! its low price is because of aestethinc conditions,not good,but i really don't care! the old owner put a great wheels system,that you can put off(or on) simply by unscrewing(or screwing) a butterfly washer!

now my problem is: how can warwick pro 211 cabinet sound togheter with the H&K bc212??? somebody say me the 2 different cabinets can sound bad,because of different efficience. and also that 2x12 don't stay well in couble with 2x10... :) ..

help me please...

Edited by fede162162