Why become a member? ×

SESSIONETTE 100 BASS AMP

Jb1

Had a 4x10 combo once - okay,but not v.loud or tonally wonderful either!
They diid a 1x15 combo too,both using Celestion speakers with an 11 band graphic I think.
They seem to fetch around £90 these days, and are not particularly sought after.
Hope this helps, cheers.

I gave mine a good service before I sold it, and in trying everything out, found the line out and infact the whole preamp stage was very low noise.
They use a decent toroidal transformer. This was the 4x10, and it did struggle at the highest volume settings in a 6 piece band, but was just about loud enough. The tone at lower volumes was punchy rather than deep. I think I sold mine for £75 ish.
Theres a couple of things to look out for in the power stage.
You can pm me for the details as I wouldn't want to bore this board (unless y'all WANT me to..), but they're no big deal and easily sorted.
If it's cheap I'd really recommend it.
Cheers
Jules

• 10 years later...

I have one we occasionally use at our studio. Actually used it for a live keyboard amp last week with very good results. 

Once you get the hang of them they're an excellent little amp. Built like a tank. 

Can't compete with a loud drummer but have taken it out on a few quiet gigs & it's handled with ease

On 20/02/2020 at 13:58, AoLStudios said:

I have one we occasionally use at our studio. Actually used it for a live keyboard amp last week with very good results. 

Once you get the hang of them they're an excellent little amp. Built like a tank. 

Can't compete with a loud drummer but have taken it out on a few quiet gigs & it's handled with ease

I used to abuse a 1 x 15 Sessionette 100 very badly in the late 1980s - extended bass feedback with my Horner Verithin at close quarters produced something gorgeous noises that were probably not very healthy for the speaker cone.

I’m constantly amazed it carried on working and somehow it kept up with a loud drummer and two Peavey Backstages cranked up full.

I had a Session 100 / 15" in the late 80's or so. It was a reliable workhorse with a small band. The sound was not very loud, but the size was small, too. I tried the amp a few times with a Marshall 4 x 12" and the amp was singing! Very convincing sound at that time. That is probably the reason I use a 2 x 12" today.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a 4x10" combo a couple of weeks ago for £30.  I was staggered by how nice it sounds!  I'm actually going to use it at tomorrow night's gig.  I'm expecting to have to mic it up, but that's not big deal.  I will report back!

• Like 1

Well, it didn't go well.  It started cutting volume about 30 minutes into the first set.  I ended up having plug my board straight into the PA.  It might just need a damn good clean out and service.  It sounded great with loads of punch while it was working though!!

I gigged a 4x10" with a JBL 15" scoop bin under it in the last millenium. I really enjoyed it.

Not as much as the SWR SM400 biamped into an early Turbosound 2x15 and 2x10 that came after it though. I should never have sold that one. 

• Like 1