Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

On 06/07/2022 at 11:11, wombatboter said:

Four years after a bicycle accident still having trouble with the fingers of my right hand..two of them are curled which makes it hard to reach for the G and D string and I can't bend my thumb because of a constant frozen shoulder but things could also be worse. This is a hard one for me because of that and I'm missing a couple of notes but I'm glad I can manage this more or less..

This is AMAZING. Such a fun listen and your playing is really tight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

From a few weeks ago - very topical at the time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z5n1E97pffpohBJX8rSLjuY8HwBGQdth/view?usp=drivesdk

we’d jammed this the previous Wednesday and this was filmed on the Sunday. 

Not bad.

I really liked that interpretation, well played, gents. 👏👏👏

Edit: That ‘Ray sounds the business!

Edited by ezbass
  • Thanks 1

I’ve looked back through this thread and I can’t believe that I didn’t share this here when we did this back in 2020. Recorded during lockdown and filmed during the first lifting of restrictions.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I’ve looked back through this thread and I can’t believe that I didn’t share this here when we did this back in 2020. Recorded during lockdown and filmed during the first lifting of restrictions.

Nice tune ez, liking that 👍

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Nice tune ez, liking that 👍

Thanks, I loved every minute of the production process and learnt a lot about recording and mixing along the way. It didn’t hurt that this is probably my favourite tune of all time. We followed it up with Don’t Give Up, but with the return to actual live performances, the video was never made, which is a shame as the recording was pretty decent.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1

On 16/07/2022 at 10:22, ezbass said:

What a joy to hear some excellent female vocalists, superb performance from all of them. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, steantval said:

What a joy to hear some excellent female vocalists, superb performance from all of them. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

I’m lucky enough to have worked with 3 of them live, one of which was the lead singer in the ‘80s covers band I was in. Not only a great vocalist, but a top keyboard player too (as seen in the video). On top of that, she’s a great vocal coach. She took me from sketchy BVs to singing lead, no mean feat I can tell you. All 4 ladies are busy musicians (as you’d expect), one of them does some very high profile work, Eurovision and the Platinum Jubilee gigs as just 2 instances. It’s been a privilege to work with them and to have been a part of the above project.

• Like 1

After 42 years,  I finally had a reunion with my first band a couple of weeks ago in a studio in Glasgow. The drummer had both knees replaced,  the guitarist with the black Les Paul has Parkinsons and I'm waiting for knee replacements. Didn't work out to bad. A wee bit of  Wishbone  Ash. I only managed to play for an hour and a half due to RA. The session lasted for 6 hours with my mate taking over bass duties. 

Edited by Bassman Sam
  • Like 3

On 30/07/2022 at 14:21, Bassman Sam said:

After 42 years,  I finally had a reunion with my first band a couple of weeks ago in a studio in Glasgow. The drummer had both knees replaced,  the guitarist with the black Les Paul has Parkinsons and I'm waiting for knee replacements. Didn't work out to bad. A wee bit of  Wishbone  Ash. I only managed to play for an hour and a half due to RA. The session lasted for 6 hours with my mate taking over bass duties. 

Wishbone is not bad... A really great band that periode your playing 👍