Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

On 12/08/2021 at 08:27, Obra said:

A other great example of how a bit of dirt on the bass helps it work in a mix- the dirt just seems to ‘dissolve’ like a tonal stock cube into the mix adding it’s own flavour. Fine work indeed. I’m thinking about moving to an ADAM pedal for live and this is another great example of how I might use one. 

*opens Spotify and plays Superunknown

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

Mudvayne - Rain Sun Gone bass cover, from the 2005 Lost and Found album.
This is a bit monotonous song, but it runs over you like a roller! A melodic interlude gives a moment of breath, but then it crashes you again. Cool bassline by Ryknow.
Feel free to share if you liked this bass playthrough!

• Like 1

In the early 90's I lived in Hong Kong for a few years. I played in quite a few bands and 2 of them made in on to the local TV. The first video is of our band Splash it About. There was a programme called World Video Jury, which was a bit pants, but each week they featured a local band playing original songs. We had a few and managed to bag a slot. I need to warn you that there is some serious mullet content on my part.

The second video features our band Fort Sensible. Our singer was an American actor in a sitcom called All in a Family, In this episode we feature as his band, along with some of the other actors, playing in a fund raising event. We had to learn a handful of songs including a popular Cantopop song but they are all edited down as is the case on TV.

Some great times and good memories. I recorded the programmes on VHS and later onto DVD. However the quality has deteriorated a bit on the first video. I though I'd upload them to YouTube to augment my motorcycle ride videos which some of you will have seen in the who rides motorcycle thread.

• Like 3

On 24/08/2021 at 16:39, SaimoN said:

Mudvayne - Rain Sun Gone bass cover, from the 2005 Lost and Found album.
This is a bit monotonous song, but it runs over you like a roller! A melodic interlude gives a moment of breath, but then it crashes you again. Cool bassline by Ryknow.
Feel free to share if you liked this bass playthrough!

Well played. Cool stuff

• Thanks 1

On 17/09/2021 at 14:36, cetera said:

I started doing some vids for myself, just for fun, during lockdown and before I knew it I'd done over 100 of my fave basslines. Haven't uploaded any in a while as moving house but will be uploading more shortly...

GPB Bassman vids

Worth it just to see which bass would be played next. 😀

• Haha 2