Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

3 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

I'm sure you've done a great cover of the bass part, but they're a rotten band.

Which I wasn't aware of. 😬 Never saw them, as there's 160 miles of North Sea between us.

12 hours ago, funkypenguin said:

Just uploaded my performance of Bach's first Cello Suite In G major. Link is for the prelude but the 6 movement playlist should open via the link :) 

I enjoyed that a lot. (Kept listening beyond the first video)

• Thanks 1

On 08/06/2020 at 21:31, funkypenguin said:

Just uploaded my performance of Bach's first Cello Suite In G major. Link is for the prelude but the 6 movement playlist should open via the link :) 

Beautiful. Lovely tone too. Nice one.

• Thanks 1

@Merton tagged me in something on Instagram.

Not quite the crowning glory I’d anticipated, in fact it’s a bit of a mess.

But...done within the hour.

Remember this track being a real ear opener when I’d been used to the Later pop ballad Level 42 my dad listened to.

Might have another crack at this with the Sadowsky and actually set up the sound (and re-learn the song 😉)

• Like 5

On 17/05/2020 at 10:04, Caz said:

Hi, thank you for the warm welcome, I'm looking forward to joining in the community of bass players :) yes I think playing drums probably does help as you get to meet different bass players and ask questions. I was given some advice on 'raking' to get my fingers moving and given Ed Friedland's walking bass lines book to get started. Although it's taking a while to figure out the fretboard, the top half of that is still a mystery! Thanks for checking out the vids, there's another one coming soon (Michael Brecker, really excited about this one).

Cheers,

Caroline

It’s not called “the dusty end” for nothing....

7 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

@Merton tagged me in something on Instagram.

Not quite the crowning glory I’d anticipated, in fact it’s a bit of a mess.

But...done within the hour.

Remember this track being a real ear opener when I’d been used to the Later pop ballad Level 42 my dad listened to.

Might have another crack at this with the Sadowsky and actually set up the sound (and re-learn the song 😉)

@AndyTravis it's bloody wonderful dude! Your playing is on the money for me and it sounds great. I really must learn to slap like you, as it were.

• Thanks 1

Nicely played, Ben. I enjoyed all six of them.

👍

• Thanks 1

Not something i would usually listen to but that was very nice and refreshing to hear such a clear bass tone with beautiful technique. Thank you

Dave

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pete Bish said:

Hi Everyone. I made an attempt at playing Wrathchild by IRON MAIDEN. 

Not gonna lie, I found this quite tricky to learn. It's pretty relentless, and there are lots of fast runs and fills. 

I hope you enjoy. 

Love it! 👍

• Like 1