Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

42 minutes ago, stevie said:

Whoaaahh!  Only just seen this. That was freaking awesome!!!

Cheers Stevie. It's getting a bit long in the tooth now... we have just started looking at getting something new out. Our ethos has always been to do play pop songs as we would want to hear them performed by the artist live, rather than just trying to reproduce the recorded version live. I hope the big "guitar" ending kinda cements that home without being a "rock" version of the track which is the path a lot of bands seem to head down.

1 hour ago, stevie said:

Whoaaahh!  Only just seen this. That was freaking awesome!!!

+1 ^^

Love your band and your sound! 

(Also just worked out a hack how to make this thread a LOT more user friendly to avoid not finding the wood for the trees - doh!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was more impressed with the way your drummer ended the song, but yeah, I didn't even think about whether you were covering the song closely or not. It was just a great version.

So, how was the video done? Please give us some insight. The production values are amazing. It's like "something off the tele". How many cameras? Don't tell me it was done on an iPod.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevie said:

I was more impressed with the way your drummer ended the song, but yeah, I didn't even think about whether you were covering the song closely or not. It was just a great version.

So, how was the video done? Please give us some insight. The production values are amazing. It's like "something off the tele". How many cameras? Don't tell me it was done on an iPod.

Ha! You wait to what me and the drummer are working on (the drummer on this video is on perc on the next, we like to switch around)... unbelievable chops.

Video? We hired a theatre, few lights here and there... the all important star cloth and then I called upon an old mate who has some Canon C100 cameras on Ronin 2s. He does all the social media for Bellator now... and our schedules happened to align. There was nothing particularly special about it... just worked out well. I actually prefer the colour and feel of the other song we played that day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYU6Y3RKI2Y

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

There was nothing particularly special about it... just worked out well. 

You say that but one thing that comes across well in several of your videos is a meaty low end for both kick drum and bass / bass on keys. Were you using a sub woofer with crossover? Do you know what mics you were using to record the sound - they delivered a really good sound without distorting.

21 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You say that but one thing that comes across well in several of your videos is a meaty low end for both kick drum and bass / bass on keys. Were you using a sub woofer with crossover? Do you know what mics you were using to record the sound - they delivered a really good sound without distorting.

None of that comes into it. I take a feed from the desk and mic the room.

Just looked up Ronin2. Aha! I'd no idea about this stuff but it makes more sense now.

The overall impression of the video is that you all really know what you're doing and are good at it. I just wanted to say - well done, that's a real professional job all round.

I thought you could do with some more upper mids in your bass, but that could just be my preference. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Edited by stevie

8 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

Prefer the orginial but you can't beat the Misfits. One of my favourite bands of all time.

The original from Walk Among Us has been blocked by the copyright owner, so I had to find an alternative. 😁

I put the original on Vimeo. No issues there...

Edited by Jay2U
  • Thanks 1

On 21/01/2020 at 15:36, EBS_freak said:

Ha! You wait to what me and the drummer are working on (the drummer on this video is on perc on the next, we like to switch around)... unbelievable chops.

Video? We hired a theatre, few lights here and there... the all important star cloth and then I called upon an old mate who has some Canon C100 cameras on Ronin 2s. He does all the social media for Bellator now... and our schedules happened to align. There was nothing particularly special about it... just worked out well. I actually prefer the colour and feel of the other song we played that day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYU6Y3RKI2Y

With you on the other song. That had a nicer groove for me.

Have to say i've never seen a Les Paul played that high up on the body position. 

Fantastic band all round. Both singers are extremely professional sounding and the band is faultless

Not my kind of music but can't fault it in any way. If i decide to get remarried i'll be looking you guys up. 

What's the bass out of curiosity. ?

Dave