Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

2 hours ago, medpb said:

Met Francis in the bar after his It Bites support gig to Robert Plant in 80's and he's such a great guy to talk with. Absolute gent. Always been a fan of the earlier It Bites. Not so much these days.

Have to say that guitar work from Guthrie Govan just doesn't do it for me. I appreciate he's a fantastic guitarist but just not getting it from this clip.

Francis Dunnery's original guitar work on that song was far better suited to it. 

Just my own opinion of course.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

On 17/09/2019 at 14:22, mrtcat said:

A week or so back with my band at a wedding. Stingray / Helix / Ashdown ABM600 / Barefaced Retro 210s.

Loved the arp synth & electronic drums you've got at the start of this track. What kit are you using to deliver that? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, medpb said:

We are touring Once around the world album in January you should come see it. 

Saw It Bites quite a few times in the early days, might look out for the jan tour. Sounds great but didn’t like the first guitar solo. I felt it sounded out of place. The second one was cool, but I’m not really a fan of solos. 

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Saw It Bites quite a few times in the early days, might look out for the jan tour. Sounds great but didn’t like the first guitar solo. I felt it sounded out of place. The second one was cool, but I’m not really a fan of solos. 

Hey Dave. Guthrie got up and did a impromptu solo with us on that night & i dont think he'd even heard the track before hand? I found the clip on YouTube just yesterday and then noticed the feed on here. Its was all done in a very lighthearted spirit anyhow. What a player Guthrie is though 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Loved the arp synth & electronic drums you've got at the start of this track. What kit are you using to deliver that? 

It's a simple backing track that our drummer triggers from a Roland SPD SX. We're all on in ears so we all get the click in our mix.

6 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

It's a simple backing track that our drummer triggers from a Roland SPD SX. We're all on in ears so we all get the click in our mix.

Ah ok thanks. I was able to get pretty close last night on my Boss SY-1 on arp setting.

• Like 1

Just now, Al Krow said:

Ah ok thanks. I was able to get pretty close last night on my Boss SY-1 on arp setting.

We really should try to find a way of playing it live properly. Pure laziness on our part lol. Would love to hear what you came up with.

13 minutes ago, medpb said:

Hey Dave. Guthrie got up and did a impromptu solo with us on that night & i dont think he'd even heard the track before hand? I found the clip on YouTube just yesterday and then noticed the feed on here. Its was all done in a very lighthearted spirit anyhow. What a player Guthrie is though 

Oh yeah, amazing player. I wasn’t aware it was a guest spot, so I can see now why it didn’t quite fit. Still a great clip though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

We really should try to find a way of playing it live properly. Pure laziness on our part lol. Would love to hear what you came up with.

With pleasure - let me get my Focusrite & DAW sorted (bear with me - maybe a couple of weeks with other stuff on my plate!) and I'll post a couple of clips.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2019 at 08:30, Nicko said:

Blacklight

We set up for a photoshoot, and after the photographer went home my mobile captured this.  Don't ask why the flashing lights were added.

Backs up the theory that Bass players are usually the sensible ones in the band, it was great to see that you had remembered to put your shoes on 😀

4 minutes ago, Ant1972 said:

I'm just starting out learning  😀

Ignore that post above... Mixture of poor eyesight and uncoordinated thumbs meant I posted something/somewhere I didn't mean too... And I haven't even started drinking yet!