Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

35 minutes ago, kusee pee said:

I've just started a rough YouTube channel of my band's gigs as a promo tool.  Some of the clips are a bit rough, all live phone vids and the like, but this one came out nice and I was pretty pleased with the live sound.  What you think?

Certainly not bad, given the equipment used. Great bass playing, by the way. :-)

• Thanks 1

Had a band going last year, we learned a handful of covers then went and done an open mic. First and only time out. Shifting commitments and priorities did for us in the end, which was a shame as we weren't completely awful.

Keen to get another group together and scratch that live itch.

• 2 weeks later...

Very brief one tonight - working on a verse for the guitarists new tune - literally the second or third play through while drummer was out on a call.

he’s got this lovely little chord sequence but we didn’t know where to take it - I said “I’m thinking something like this” - and sure enough, played a little thing which works perfectly.

The Yamaha and Ashdown combo working well!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Graham56 said:

Playing an old (very!) classic. The drummer and I were both deps for these guys.

For those that care about such things I was playing a 50-year-old P-bass with flats through a Little Mark and Barefaced Super Compact.

Cheers, 

Graham

What venue is this?

20 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Very brief one tonight - working on a verse for the guitarists new tune - literally the second or third play through while drummer was out on a call.

he’s got this lovely little chord sequence but we didn’t know where to take it - I said “I’m thinking something like this” - and sure enough, played a little thing which works perfectly.

The Yamaha and Ashdown combo working well!

"You are really good 😁"

• Haha 1

Wasn't sure if i should post this as we weren't on form that night, but what the hell. Shot with my GoPro clamped to the PA speaker stand, with audio from a digital recorded at the front of the stage. It was an interesting gig as i hadn't played live with the drummer and guitarist before (who you cant really see), and our old drummer on backing vocals.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...