Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

On 29/11/2021 at 10:13, mrtcat said:

From Saturday night. Standard wedding guff but my mate Steely was depping on drums. So much better and far less arrogant than our regular guy lol.

Very nice, like it, great bass tone.

We have just added this to our set list, we are doing the Phil X and the Drills version.

On 07/12/2021 at 19:03, steantval said:

Very nice, like it, great bass tone.

We have just added this to our set list, we are doing the Phil X and the Drills version.

Thanks so much. Yeah that Phil x and the drills version is absolutely killer. The bass tone is really gnarly on it but it works so well for their version.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrtcat said:

Thanks so much. Yeah that Phil x and the drills version is absolutely killer. The bass tone is really gnarly on it but it works so well for their version.

They have a great sound, especially the bass. I love their version of My Sharona as well. 

• Like 1

I'm always a bit hesitant uploading my playing videos because there are so many great bassists on BC, but here's my take on Tie Your Mother Down.

I'm going straight into my interface and Reaper, no effects added.

The original backing track was downloaded without any bass in the mix.

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed bass cover, from their 1999 Self Titled album.
My favourite track from this album, from Slipknot, & in general! I used to listen to it 10-20 times back in the day... Now when I have the proper abilities, I couldn't miss the chance not to record this track! RIP Paul Gray.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I think you'd be able to give it a darned good go... After all, if you're involved in a cheese-fest you might as well get out the Limburger and Harzer as opposed to the mild cheddar!

Funnily enough, cheese consumption is one of many activities that I accomplish to a higher degree of success than bass playing! 

Next time I'll be ready with the slap-athon and a vieux boulogne, hahaha.

• Haha 1

Mudvayne - Under my Skin bass cover, from the 2000 LD50 album.
This one has many crazy riffs & intensity changes in it! Definately one of the best bass lines by Ryknow on this album. Very demanding, yet rewarding peace of learning. Really enjoyed it!

• 2 weeks later...