Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

3 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I almost never record my playing but i after putting flats on one of my Xotic 5 string Jazzes I felt compelled. Posted this in a couple of other places but here it is:

Damn that sounds good. I also like the bass laying suggestively in the background...

4 hours ago, Duarte said:

Damn that sounds good. I also like the bass laying suggestively in the background...

Ha! Thank you sir.

The bass suggestively presenting itself in the background is almost identical to the one I’m playing, just with different wiring (Vol-Vol-Tone plus frequency switches for mids and highs, and series mode push/pull on the second volume - whereas the one I’m playing is Vol-Blend-Tone without any fancy switching) and I’m playing flats on the gold one but the Background Burgundy Beauty is strung with steel rounds.

Edit: and of course I’m playing on the neck pickup!

Edited by CameronJ
  • Like 1

System of a Down - Toxicity bass cover, from their 2001 Toxicity album.
SOAD had another big influence on me way back in the past. Crazy riffs combined with tight rhythm section & great vocals!
This is the title track from their LP. I re-arranged Shavo Odadjian's bassline to put some brbr deng stuff here & there.
Really enjoyed recording this song;]

System of a Down - ATWA fretless bass cover, from their 2001 Toxicity album.
One of more calm SOAD's song. Nice melodic guitar riffs go alongside great powerful vocals in this one.
I played Shavo Odadjian's on a fretless bass - covered some guitar parts & added some notes to the bass part as well.

On 01/11/2021 at 17:40, CameronJ said:

Ha! Thank you sir.

The bass suggestively presenting itself in the background is almost identical to the one I’m playing, just with different wiring (Vol-Vol-Tone plus frequency switches for mids and highs, and series mode push/pull on the second volume - whereas the one I’m playing is Vol-Blend-Tone without any fancy switching) and I’m playing flats on the gold one but the Background Burgundy Beauty is strung with steel rounds.

Edit: and of course I’m playing on the neck pickup!

Lovely tones  my Friend,? what make are the flats bud.

• Like 1