Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

11 minutes ago, SaimoN said:

Did a bass shootout / sound comparison between 2 Warwick Thumb NT 5 basses - one with wenge neck and the other with ovangkol neck. Which one you like better?

I actually prefer the Ovankol in all the clips until you start suing the EQ, as soon as that's engaged, the Wenge sounds better.

Thank you for sharing!

Eude

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eude said:

I actually prefer the Ovankol in all the clips until you start suing the EQ, as soon as that's engaged, the Wenge sounds better.

Thank you for sharing!

Eude

You're welcome! I pfrefer active wenge of all the sound samples. It's also manually more comfy for me, whereas the ovangkol looks more sexy;]

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

Personally I really don't think that wood has much bearing on the sound of guitars or basses.

I have had quite some lenghty conversations with excellent luthiers that are absolutely convinced it does. More than anything.

Aaaaaanyway. I was on Dutch national radio yesterday. Brought three basses for three songs. I can't embed the video (and I hope it can be viewed abroad) but here is the first one, where I used my Blade that's currently armed with Lollar pickups and an Aguilar OBP-1: clickyclick

And here's the other one, with my Mustang: clickyclick

We recorded the third one for the podcast of this radio show. Don't know if it's coming online as a video as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lamb of God - Descending bass cover, from the 2006 Sacrament album.
It's quite an easy, but is really fun to play this John Campbell's bassline! I added some brbr deng stuff here and there to make it a bit more interesting.

Mudvayne - Fall into Sleep bass cover, from the 2005 Lost and Found album.
Nice calm & melodic verse riffs combined with powerfull choruses! I really like playing this Ryknow's bassline, and the outro is just enormous!

• Like 1