Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

On 10/04/2021 at 00:50, Bean9seventy said:

The Funk Monster OMG ;D

You will probably have to do other multiple exercises like eg press ups to keep the strength in the hand muscles going ,, check your diet ,, & immune system , breathing ,, if you feel sleepy ? ,,

if you can,, get the best honey ,, stay away from rhubarb ,, wherever possible limit the use of pain killers ,, chuck the "Paris Eat em All in the bin , try cannabis or alternative herbal relief ,, in an emergency use "real aspirin" warning,,,  limit your dose , take aspirin with milk / honey , thanks

Warning : the above ^^ 'advice' is not necessarily cautioned by the medical profession. Treat with much circumspection, if at all. -_-

(Although I suppose honey is mostly OK :$ ...)

Edited by Dad3353

New Cannibal Corpse album is out! Here's my Murderous Rampage bass cover from Violence Unimagined!

Alex Webster is one of my Top3 favourite bassplayers, and Cannibal Corpse has been a band I've been listening to for a very long time (since 1998). Their last LP is simply great! This is the opening song of this album. Alex shows he's still one of the best death metal musicians out there... Fast, aggresive riffs - this piece of music simply roars! Great song to play.

• Like 2

On 08/05/2021 at 00:43, Jay2U said:

More from SACK, from their album Get Wrecked...

To my surprise, I rather liked that!  I thought that I would prefer a funky, or melodic line.  However, the driving and unfussy bassline really supported the song, and showed me the value of a strong sense of rhythm.

Thank for sharing. 

• Like 1

I joined this band who were originally a two piece, and had been using a drop/octave pedal for the 'bass'. they basically gave me free reign to write the bass parts. This is the first time playing this song with them after 3 months of lockdown and having never played with them before. It's not perfect, but for a first rehearsal I was really happy with it.

Edit, this is just recorded on my phone so ignore the sound/video quality!

Edited by Sarah5string
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarah5string said:

I joined this band who were originally a two piece, and had been using a drop/octave pedal for the 'bass'. they basically gave me free reign to write the bass parts. This is the first time playing this song with them after 3 months of lockdown and having never played with them before. It's not perfect, but for a first rehearsal I was really happy with it.

Edit, this is just recorded on my phone so ignore the sound/video quality!

IcCdrPk.gif

• Thanks 1

On 22/05/2021 at 13:35, BassAgent said:

Tonight the Eurovision finals are on and I hope this wins.

Nice. That Daði Freyr knows how to right a banger of a pop track.

It was never gonna win Eurovision... you know... politiks.

• Like 1

There's still more on the album Get Wrecked... The Born Loser, starring Wile E Coyote, the world's biggest loser ever.

I touched a guitar again. Didn't hurt. 😋

Edited by Jay2U

• 2 weeks later...