Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

1 hour ago, BassAgent said:

Speaking of fun: I found out the Eurovision competitor for Iceland had a great disco-ish song. Got my trusty 1966 Jazz out for this.

Such a fun tune isn't it? Absolutely criminal that it never got to compete. :( Best Eurovision song in eons.

20 hours ago, BassAgent said:

I did a live stream with Dutch pianist/singer/songwriter Aafke Romeijn a few weeks ago, used my Mustang, fretless 'Ray and Moog Sub Phatty. Fun stuff. Lyrics in Dutch, but that shouldn't spoil the fun.

Speaking of fun: I found out the Eurovision competitor for Iceland had a great disco-ish song. Got my trusty 1966 Jazz out for this.

Check out Dodi’s albums he’s got  some great tunes. 

• Like 2

Quick and dirty sounding phone clip from earlier this year, just after I’d bought the MIJ Squier Bullet bass from Gareth.

Nowt special, just the same old loosey goosey Motown noodling I always default to, but it keeps me off the streets. Flatwound strings, palm muting and the amp is a 1978 Fender Vibro Champ that didn’t quite know what hit it.

Rough style 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chrisbass13 said:

Yet another home recording but what else can you do in these times..

Inspired by the music of Mahavishnu Orchestra:

Absolutely marvellous, Chris. Can you post the musician's details?

For your amusement, I was 4 minutes in before I spotted the fact that the guitar player and violinist were the same guy. 😀

Edited by Bilbo
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Absolutely marvellous, Chris. Can you post the musician's details?

For your amusement, I was 4 minutes in before I spotted the fact that the guitar player and violinist were the same guy. 😀

Hi Bilbo, glad you enjoyed it :) And yes the Guitar/Violin Player is the same guy and the drummer is his son actually. Both have been active studio/live musicians for many years and this trio is a fun/passion project to play some more unconventional jazz-rock type of music. There are few clips on the channel and more to come as well as an Album next year.

On 23/12/2020 at 19:40, Leonard Smalls said:

5 minutes of anti-hunt sentiment from our recent Punk 4 The Homeless online benefit for Compass Children's Charity:

Love the energy...Great Wal-bass too...It has that sort of Vinnie Jones wildness in it (yes, we've heard of him in Belgium :-))

• Thanks 1

Mudvayne - Severed bass cover, from the 2000 LD50 album.
My favourite song to listen to from their first LP... Quite demanding to play with all this crazy techniques Ryan uses. But it gave me a lot of fun when I finally managed to learn it;] And this bassline has this superb tapping bass solo!