Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

5 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Great stuff - very pro! What's the fetish with baked beans? 😄 

As a collective, we did an experiment to try as many beans brands as we could... Branston came out on top.

As for the salt thing... well, it's odd how you can pick up thousands of views from musicians yet none of them can bring themselves to comment or acknowledge. A little salty eh?

6 minutes ago, Higgie said:

Recorded this in September of 2019 but never got round to uploading it to YouTube. My cover of Andrew Gouché’s bass part on a live version of Ain’t Nobody from the North Sea Jazz Festival in 2011.

Hope you enjoy!

Oh man, that’s fabulous. Nicely done.

I don’t suppose (pretty please) you have your transcription that you would be willing to share?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Oh man, that’s fabulous. Nicely done.

I don’t suppose (pretty please) you have your transcription that you would be willing to share?

Thanks mate! It’s not 100% accurate (neither is the video) as it was pretty hard to hear what he was playing in some places, but here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gmTD9TzkLpssz05YQXANKQRZqAu1LmQ2/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Higgie said:

Thanks mate! It’s not 100% accurate (neither is the video) as it was pretty hard to hear what he was playing in some places, but here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gmTD9TzkLpssz05YQXANKQRZqAu1LmQ2/view?usp=drivesdk

Excellent - shall have a look at that as a boredom killer 😛 Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hey. I'm new to this whole "record yourself during lockdown" business, and haven't got a laptop or a computer to work with unfortunately....

So here's an attempt made with a zoom h1n, a concoction of cables, and some horrificly mediocre video editor on my phone. 

ANY feedback on my technique is always welcome. Self taught with a lot of bad habits. I'll be posting some more vids soon, but playing with fingers (preferred) rather than pick.

• Like 1

I did a live stream with Dutch pianist/singer/songwriter Aafke Romeijn a few weeks ago, used my Mustang, fretless 'Ray and Moog Sub Phatty. Fun stuff. Lyrics in Dutch, but that shouldn't spoil the fun.

Speaking of fun: I found out the Eurovision competitor for Iceland had a great disco-ish song. Got my trusty 1966 Jazz out for this.

• Like 1