Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

Our 2nd time playing together since beginning of Feb, and as The Drummer is shielding we're using my phone instead 😁 And guitar is sounding mean through a Marshall Jubilee bass amp and Markbass 2x10! Hopefully we'll be OK for live streaming for 30 mins on 15th August!

• Like 3

On 04/08/2020 at 09:09, Leonard Smalls said:

Our 2nd time playing together since beginning of Feb, and as The Drummer is shielding we're using my phone instead 😁 And guitar is sounding mean through a Marshall Jubilee bass amp and Markbass 2x10! Hopefully we'll be OK for live streaming for 30 mins on 15th August!

Whereabouts in South Shropshire? My home town is Ludlow (although now live in Nottingham). Us country boys should stick together (not literally of course|)

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

This is what my £77 Harley Benton p-bass kit build sounds like. Fitted with Fender flatwounds.

Through an Orange Crush 25 and recorded on my phone.

Proof that paying loads of money for a P bass is just madness. I cant think of a more basic bass. They all sound like a P bass after all. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2020 at 11:31, Stub Mandrel said:

This is what my £77 Harley Benton p-bass kit build sounds like. Fitted with Fender flatwounds.

Through an Orange Crush 25 and recorded on my phone.

Very kenny Everett start to the vid 😝 

Sounds great btw 👍🏼 

My blues band playing a cover of Tobacco Road.  First time we'd tried it!  We were doing some video for a promotional thing and decided to give this a blast when the guy filming was off doing something else.  Recorded on an iPad. :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul S said:

My blues band playing a cover of Tobacco Road.  First time we'd tried it!  We were doing some video for a promotional thing and decided to give this a blast when the guy filming was off doing something else.  Recorded on an iPad. :) 

The video is not working for me, I would very much like to hear this 👍

Edited by thebrig

4 minutes ago, Paul S said:

That's annoying.  It's on facebook.  I think sometimes there are problems with seeing these remotely? Not sure why, mind you.

My Firefox is set up so that Facebook content is only available when it's in a fenced off container to stop it sucking up all my personal data.

Just now, Stub Mandrel said:

My Firefox is set up so that Facebook content is only available when it's in a fenced off container to stop it sucking up all my personal data.

hah!  I've got all your passwords now!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Not the sort of stuff I’d normally listen to but super nice sounding rig- I can see why you are digging on your setup. What you using on your Helix? The combination with the hollow body is really doing it.

3 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Not the sort of stuff I’d normally listen to but super nice sounding rig- I can see why you are digging on your setup. What you using on your Helix? The combination with the hollow body is really doing it.

Cheers Sir! Although the Helix is there I’m not using it on this particular song, I’m going straight into the QSC on the Bass Amp setting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Cheers Sir! Although the Helix is there I’m not using it on this particular song, I’m going straight into the QSC on the Bass Amp setting.

That doesn’t surprise me - it sounded very flat to me hence why I was intrigued to see if there was any preamp trickery involved.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

What he said.  Sounds amazing.  Nicely played, too.

• Thanks 1