Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

9 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I thought Wrathchild hit the low E on the 5th note of the riff? Not heard it in decades. 

Hi Bilbo. To be honest, I wasn't really sure myself. I listened to the recording and watched a few live videos. Inconclusive. 

... Steve's so fast that you can't really tell. Or at least I couldn't.

In the end I was reasonably confident he played the low E during the intro, then shifted to 7th fret E for the verses.

I unexpectedly came to this conclusion while working out the fast fills during the guitars solos. Just before the third fill, if you listen carefully, there's a subtle drop in pitch - that's when he reintroduces the low E. 

Not 100% though 🙂

Edited by Pete Bish
Typo

Just finished this one, it's my first attempt at a multi angel shoot and I'll be honest I think I've over edited and in hindsight I reckon I should of included a "down the neck" shot too, god knows I'm totally overthinking it at this point. Please though, give me your feedback and link us to examples of you would. Much love. Xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Here's a little 16 bar groove that has its origin in collaboration amongst greek bass players who were called to create something on top of a given 16-measure drum beat played by Dimitris Antoniadis.

Edited by amadeusex
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, amadeusex said:

Hi

Here's a little 16 bar groove that has its origin in collaboration amongst greek bass players who were called to create something on top of a given 16-measure drum beat played by Dimitris Antoniadis.

I just saw you on Villis' channel. Lol! Great stuff, by the way. 😎

• Like 1