Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

I decided to play through a great Pino Palladino bassline the other day.

I'm using my beautiful Fender Masterbuilt Precision bass with Thomastik Flatwounds straight into Logic X and then using the Avalon DI Emulator for a bit of drive.

Then the Vintage Opto compressor 'Teletronix LA-2A emulator' and the Studio FET compressor 'UREI 1176 emulator' for some nice serial compression and a bit of EQ.

I tried my best to nail the Pino tone so this will sound better with headphones or speakers :)

• Like 2

My first pot in a very looong time!

I just wanted to share with you this project I'm involved with.
As a consequence of the Covid-19 situation, this project has been born and we have called it " Confinement Jam Experience".
We are all in different cities, and some in different countries, but we came together online and decided to record a cover of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "By The Way".
It has been a great experience and it has helped making our time indoors more enjoyable.

By the way, I'm on bass 😁

Give it a watch and....I hope you like it

Edited by PauBass

Due to obligatorily home-lockdown I had some extra free time, which I spent on improving my bass playing skills (and other as well!).

This is my first attempt to record a slap bass cover. There are some mistakes here and there, but I'm not an everyday slap-bassplayer. However, this song was a good choice to learn to improve my skills.

Please be not too harsh on me for posting this...👽

• Like 2

Had another bash at a collab over the bank holiday... my 'rona hair growth is coming on. (I shaved it off after this video as it was getting on my t1ts (which have also grown somewhat from the constant snacking)!)

• Like 2

Wow there's loads of great stuff up here. Love the Toto video Higgie. 

I'm a beginner bass player (usually a drummer) and have been doing some videos to kind of record my progress learning bass. I'm at month 11 now, nearly 1 whole year of playing bass, so thought I'd get out into the real world and share it with some real bass players! Here's a link to the playlist. There are a few pop tunes and a couple of jazzy ones up there.

Cheers,

Caroline

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Caz said:

Wow there's loads of great stuff up here. Love the Toto video Higgie. 

I'm a beginner bass player (usually a drummer) and have been doing some videos to kind of record my progress learning bass. I'm at month 11 now, nearly 1 whole year of playing bass, so thought I'd get out into the real world and share it with some real bass players! Here's a link to the playlist. There are a few pop tunes and a couple of jazzy ones up there.

Cheers,

Caroline

Hey - welcome to Basschat! What a really good groove  you've got - your drumming roots clearly give you an unfair advantage on that score!

Love that track by the Weekend btw: must admit I was for a long time fooled into thinking it was about the female love of his life and not his mate charlie.

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Hey - welcome to Basschat! What a really good groove  you've got - your drumming roots clearly give you an unfair advantage on that score!

Love that track by the Weekend btw: must admit I was for a long time fooled into thinking it was about the female love of his life and not his mate charlie.

I watched that and some of the other videos and my reaction was “Playing for one year wtf!?!?”, but then I followed the links. A very accomplished jazz drummer and Music college graduate - no wonder it’s good.