Why become a member? ×

Cairobill

richardd

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I bought a "little black headless bass" from Cairobill.
The only thing I can say is, [size=4]i[font=arial, sans-serif]f the British government ruled the Kingdom (and maybe the whole Empire) as well as Cairobill wrapped the bass, then Brexit would be a walk in the park, a so called piece of cake. (If that's what desired.) A[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Swift, sm[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]ooth operation, even if a washing machine breakdown on my side got in the way a while. Can I recommend doing business with Cairobill? To quote the Members of the Parliament: Yay! Yay to 100 %.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Roger and out![/font][/size]

Edited by bassmayhem
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Folks,

I had the pleasure of meeting @Cairobill, aka Nick, for the first time yesterday...

Typical time-honoured format for a Basschat meet up; two teenage musos masquerading as grown-ups, chatting away carside in a motorway services station, somewhere south of London. Only difference these days is that there's no actual cash changing hands - that all takes place digitally of course.. 

But still, something physical changes hands - in this case, Nick's beautiful sonic blue MIJ Fender Jazz, which is now residing rather smugly on a stand in Silverfoxnik Towers demanding to be played.

What can I say other than it's always great to meet with fellow Basschatters, especially ones you've known of on the forum since the early 2006/7 days.. 

And that's so true where Nick's concerned - he's a great guy to talk to, an extremely talented musician and singer-songwriter, and he knows his stuff when it comes to Jazz basses and bass gesr in general ! 

And what's more, he's very easy and open to deal with, so buy/sell/trade with Nick in absolute confidence Folks.

Thanks for a fascinating chat yesterday Nick, and for a fabulous Jazz Bass - it played and sounded great at rehearsals yesterday afternoon (as I kind of knew it would). 👍😊

Nik 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Hi Folks,

I had the pleasure of meeting @Cairobill, aka Nick, for the first time yesterday...

Typical time-honoured format for a Basschat meet up; two teenage musos masquerading as grown-ups, chatting away carside in a motorway services station, somewhere south of London. Only difference these days is that there's no actual cash changing hands - that all takes place digitally of course.. 

But still, something physical changes hands - in this case, Nick's beautiful sonic blue MIJ Fender Jazz, which is now residing rather smugly on a stand in Silverfoxnik Towers demanding to be played.

What can I say other than it's always great to meet with fellow Basschatters, especially ones you've known of on the forum since the early 2006/7 days.. 

And that's so true where Nick's concerned - he's a great guy to talk to, an extremely talented musician and singer-songwriter, and he knows his stuff when it comes to Jazz basses and bass gesr in general ! 

And what's more, he's very easy and open to deal with, so buy/sell/trade with Nick in absolute confidence Folks.

Thanks for a fascinating chat yesterday Nick, and for a fabulous Jazz Bass - it played and sounded great at rehearsals yesterday afternoon (as I kind of knew it would). 👍😊

Nik 

I can echo all of that Nik, just realised that unless Nick/@Cairobill has two feedback threads I didn't leave him any feedback when he bought my Mesa Carbine, which when he got it home was dead (to paraphrase MPFC it was an ex-amplifier)!!!!! Many polite and understanding Whatsapp messages later the problem was resolved, but not only was it an absolute pleasure to meet him, he was an absolute gent about the issues, at no stage suggesting any fault or similar on my part. 

And yes, the guy can sure play that bass 👍 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cairobill said:

Thanks all! Good to meet more people from the board and looking forward to the next SE bassbash (although I will need to buy a bass before we get there)

You need an Enfield Nick :) 

• Haha 1