Why become a member? ×

Feedback for TOM1946

richardd

Sold Tom my Little Mark 3.

In my 10 years+ on Basschat, it's been harder to finder a nicer chap to deal with. We've done a few deals over the years, and they've always been an absolute pleasure.

Tom was my first Basschat classifieds sale, and so it's quite fitting that he's one of my (maybe even the) last one I'm doing.

I'll check back in, though - sure Tom's FB page will be at least 20 pages by then! 😆

Tom's just a mate now to be honest.

And that situation was brought about because he's simply been a wonderful, easy, scrupulously honest,  pleasant guy to deal with on many occasions.

Thanks again for a lovely time this morning Tom, oh, and for a splendid bass as well 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just had a very pleasant coffee and catchup with the ever wonderful Tom.  Oh, and dropped a bass off for him at the same time.

Great to see you again and thanks for making it such an easy transaction.  Stay safe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've just bought a Sterling by Music Man Short Scale Stingray from Tom and it has been the smoothest of transactions and a delight to chat with him throughout the process.  

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him to other Basschatters, though - judging by the length of this huge feedback thread - they probably know that, as he's probably traded with them all already!

Thanks again, Tom - you're an absolute gent.

• 11 months later...

I bought a cracking Markbass 151 from Tom.  I went to pick it up today and met Tom and Mrs Tom.  It was really nice talking to them both, enjoyed my time with them.

The cab is great, the transaction was excellent.  Smooth and easy from the start.

Tom is great to deal with, we have done a couple of deals over the years and it’s always a pleasure.

Thank you Tom, you’re a star.

cheers.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

Went to Toms house to collect the Blackstar Amp.    Tom is a absolute gent, a real pleasure to deal with.  Exceptional deal.    Will deal with Tom anytime and recommend all do the same.   Looking forward to the cuppa when you sell me the J200.....   The Taylor 12 string was nice as was the..... and the......    5 Stars all round.   Cheers Tom

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a Hofner violin bass from Tom and he is a pleasure to deal with. Communication was quick, polite and pleasant. The item, which is rather delicate, was packaged well and arrived quickly, without any fuss and in the condition described. All in all, a breeze of a transaction and a great seller.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just completed a trade and purchase with Tom and he is the most patient and understanding bloke I know, he remained polite and a pleasure to deal with throughout the farce that is now Royal Mail!  Thanks again Tom you are truely a lovely gent and I hope to deal with you again soon mate 👍

Deal with confidence and calm mind as this guy is brilliant!

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

As soon I saw Tom's ad for his Volvo V50 I had a feeling that it would be a good, reliable car and exactly as described, as well as just the type of practical car that I was after. Frustratingly, I wasn't in a position to buy and was sure that it would quickly be snapped up, especially when he twice dropped the price.

I managed to convince (didn't take much, actually) my wife's nephew that he would love to own my Mk1 Audi TT, so I immediately messaged Tom who gave me a call and we had a good chat about the car and said he would put it on hold until I could meet him in a week's time. I sent Tom a few questions that came to me as I did my Volvo V50 research over the week and Tom replied quickly and in great detail.

Yesterday, I drove to Leeds, left the TT with its new owner who then drove us to Tom's, near Middlesborough. Tom is a real gent, had a good chat with us about the car and all sorts of other stuff. The V50 was just as he described, in really good condition, I had no doubt that I would be going home in it.

We did the admin, fortified by coffe made by Mrs Tom, said our goodbyes and my new toy took me back to north Wales in comfort and economy. 

I would strongly and without hesitation recommend dealing with Tom, he's a star.

Edited by KevL
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought Tom's Retrovibe Telecaster bass. The bass is in great condition & exactly as described. He despatched it really quickly & was a pleasure to deal with all the way through the transaction.

He's so nice he has two feedback topics on here! 😆 

Thanks Tom for a really easy trade