Why become a member? ×

Alembic F-2B

tayste_2000

[quote name='Delberthot' post='607174' date='Sep 23 2009, 09:15 PM']I'm giving it its first gig in my uncapable hands this weekend.

Its easy to slip out the combo if anyone wants pics, I did it when i bought it to see if it needed a a clean but was spotless inside.[/quote]

Ah sweet. i'll take some pics.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='606800' date='Sep 23 2009, 04:23 PM']So anyone tried the HBP-1 from Demeter?[/quote]

At the risk of pointing you to something you have probably already read

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26029"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26029[/url]

I've dug these out from my archives and removed the component values. It shows the similarities between these pre-amps. All three have the same tone control structure (Fender) - bass and treble boost only, mid cut only.

The F2B is the most basic design uses two valve stages to achieve its gain

The F1X has a cathode follower first stage to provide a very high impedance input and low impedance output to the effects loop. All the gain is in the second valve stage. The tone control has an additional deep switch. Not shown is DI output stage and an adjustable crossover for bi-amping.

The Trace uses the same fundamental circuit as the F1X with a few componet value changes. There is an added Mid Shift switch. There is a second valve of which the first stage is used to bring the gain back up after the tone circuit and the second stage is another cathode follower to provide a very low impedance output.

The Trace V8 pre-amp is an evolution of this with a switchable dual valve overdrive stage positioned between the output of the second stage and the tone circuit. It can be switched by relays and can be controlled remotely.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='607492' date='Sep 24 2009, 10:44 AM']I've dug these out from my archives and removed the component values. It shows the similarities between these pre-amps. All three have the same tone control structure (Fender) - bass and treble boost only, mid cut only.

The F2B is the most basic design uses two valve stages to achieve its gain

The F1X has a cathode follower first stage to provide a very high impedance input and low impedance output to the effects loop. All the gain is in the second valve stage. The tone control has an additional deep switch. Not shown is DI output stage and an adjustable crossover for bi-amping.

The Trace uses the same fundamental circuit as the F1X with a few componet value changes. There is an added Mid Shift switch. There is a second valve of which the first stage is used to bring the gain back up after the tone circuit and the second stage is another cathode follower to provide a very low impedance output.

The Trace V8 pre-amp is an evolution of this with a switchable dual valve overdrive stage positioned between the FX return and the tone circuit.[/quote]

very nice thanks for that!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='606250' date='Sep 22 2009, 11:09 PM']I'd be interested to try the ISP one you use you got it from some company near Manchester right?[/quote]

Yes mate - have a word with Tony Owens at GoToGuitars.com - tell him I sent you.