Why become a member? ×

FREE Line 6 Pod Farm plugin

99ster

If you have an iLok (required to activate the license) - you can get t[url="http://www.line6.com/news/offers/864"]he Line 6 'Pod Farm' plugin for FREE[/url]
I've just tried it out on ProTools 8 & it's pretty cool - especially for free!
:)

Edited by 99ster

OK, I think I'm missing something, I have the license on my iLok, but not the plug-in, and I can;t seem to find where the download is, I just get shunted back to the iLok license generator.

Any ideas?

edit: Forget it, I found the DL link...

Thanks for the heads up. :-)

Edited by WinterMute

[quote name='WinterMute' post='605218' date='Sep 22 2009, 01:18 AM']OK, I think I'm missing something, I have the license on my iLok, but not the plug-in, and I can;t seem to find where the download is, I just get shunted back to the iLok license generator.

Any ideas?

edit: Forget it, I found the DL link...

Thanks for the heads up. :-)[/quote]

I had the same problem with trying to find the DL link for the software - took me ages to work it out!
:rolleyes:
Glad you got there in the end.
:)
There are some really nice bass amp modellers on the plugin - I think it might well turn out to be pretty useful...

[quote]I knew it was probably too good to be true. You have to spend 40 bucks on a f***ing I lock dongle before you can f***ing download it. How ridiculous.[/quote]

Most audio work stations these days come with an iLok and more than half of the pro audio worlds plug ins and instruments are also iLok only so, if you are serious, its a good investment. Otherwise dont complain that a pro audio company are giving you a free piece of software and you dont have the equipment to run it.

G

Edited by slaphappygarry

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='605963' date='Sep 22 2009, 07:11 PM']Most audio work stations these days come with an iLok and more than half of the pro audio worlds plug ins and instruments are also iLok only so, if you are serious, its a good investment. Otherwise dont complain that a pro audio company are giving you a free piece of software and you dont have the equipment to run it.

G[/quote]

Well i really don't see the point other than some enterprising company who've found a new way to make us pay for something that should be free.

iLok are a third party who protect companies like Line 6 interests.

You opinion and understanding of the situation is clearly flawed. iLok profit from the iLok sales (and the services they provide to software companies and users like me) not Line 6.

Before posting a reply, go have a look at what iLok do and offer. I am sure you will understand the situation with a little reading.

Edited by slaphappygarry

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='606042' date='Sep 22 2009, 08:07 PM']Before posting a reply, go have a look at what iLok do and offer. I am sure you will understand the situation with a little reading.[/quote]

Okay so you can hold your licences on a usb key. I really don't get it i mean i'm sure it's nothing that any half decent software maker couldn't have done themselves if their customers were so bothered about it. And to have ilok only sounds just silly to me because i, for one, am perfectly happy to have one license on one machine as that's all i use mine on. Surely i should have a choice as to whether i have some USB stick constantly poking out of my PC just so i can use some software? And really i'm sure line6 must be benefiting from it somehow. "get this for free! all you have to do is sign up to X service/buy X good instead." Sound familiar? And lets face it, it's going to limit the number of people who download a $99 bit of software for free which can only be a good thing for line6.

Edited by EdwardHimself